You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

using On1 Photo Raw as a Plug in

I have been attempting to us On1 Photo as a plug in.  I discovered through the Affinity Photo facebook page that I had to do a merge visible before sending image to On1.  It never worked.  What I'm attempting to do is use James Ristons Atmospher program I purchased to swap a sky and then send to On1 Effects.  I can probably do what I want directly in On1 but I paid for a number of skies with James' program I can't use in any other program.   So, how do I do this Merge Visible.  Do I merge(which is an option) after each adjustment made, or do I wait to do the merge after getting the sky replaced.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Have had no luck finding any info on the process either through youtube, serif.com, or any other potential information source.

• Staff

This will more than likely be due to On1 (and others) not recognising/understanding our layers. So after you have finished making all your edits and adjustments within Affinity Photo you can then go ahead a merge all your layers into one to then transfer back to On1.

On 9/21/2021 at 10:00 PM, Snowcap1 said:

Lee - thanks for responding Lee.  This is exactly the process I have been using without any luck.  Hopefully the on1 Photo RAW 2022 will work.  If it doesn't work I would like to find a way where I can acquire James' sky images.

On1 Photo Raw 2022 will not be able to be used as a plug-in unless you purchase their modules separately - they’ve removed the plugin interfaces that they had in PR2021. Conversely, PR2022 can use ps plugins which is new to ON1.
Actually, that’s what brought me to this page - I was searching to see if Affinity Photo could itself be used as a ps plugin so that I could call it from ON1 PR2022. My searching so far would suggest not, but I’d be happy to be proved wrong.
I’m not at my pc just now, but I think I have been able to see ON1 Pr2021 as an available plugin in Affinity Photo - I’ll maybe give it a go tomorrow if I remember…

On1 Pr2022 will also have a new AI Sky replacement function and it also comes with a bonus pack of new skies, as well as those the program always has had. While it probably won’t be able to use the skies you want from the program you already have (unless you can access the jpeg images themselves and import them into Pr2022 as you can do with any texture/image), you may find alternatives in PR 2022

I'm a little late here but I came here looking for an answer to using ON1 as a plug in and saw this. Affinity does see ON1 2021 as a plug in under plug ins. I think you need to first do whatever you want to do in Affinity, then make a new stamped layer and work on the stamped layer with ON1. I could be totally wrong on this but I used ON1 2021 as a plug in with Affinity just a little while ago but was only using 1 layer at the time. BTW if you have 2021 and buy 2022 you don't need to uninstall 2021 and can use it's plug in feature.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 11:53 PM, brantome said:

On1 Photo Raw 2022 will not be able to be used as a plug-in unless you purchase their modules separately - they’ve removed the plugin interfaces that they had in PR2021. Conversely, PR2022 can use ps plugins which is new to ON1.
Actually, that’s what brought me to this page - I was searching to see if Affinity Photo could itself be used as a ps plugin so that I could call it from ON1 PR2022. My searching so far would suggest not, but I’d be happy to be proved wrong.
I’m not at my pc just now, but I think I have been able to see ON1 Pr2021 as an available plugin in Affinity Photo - I’ll maybe give it a go tomorrow if I remember…

I would like this too. AP is a great pixel editor and it would be great to be able to easily round trip from On1, as that is my raw editor