Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

multichannel EXR passes get loaded as separate channels

Hello,

Affinity Photo loads the the AOVs of multipass openEXR files as separate (greyscale) layers (reflection.red, reflection.green etc.), instead of combining them to a proper RGB layer, which makes working with exr files very unpractical.

exrBug.PNG

The same problem was reported a few years ago, and it seems, it's still not fixed.

I'm referring to the following Topic:

Software used to generate exr files:

Cinema 4d 25 and redshift (latest version).

I had the same same problem with another software, and it was fixed within hours:

https://sourceforge.net/p/mrviewer/discussion/general/thread/ede498e4d7/

Of course I'm not expecting to get a fix this quickly, but just wanted to say, that it shouldn't be a huge problem so solve.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Matthias

Edit: I attached a wetransfer link to an example file:

https://we.tl/t-DbH4oGIt4p

Thanks for the response. Didn't find this thread before.

I just tried it with the "direct" output, but couldn't get it to work properly.

As far as I know, the Direct Output setting in the AOV manager, is used to write separate files for each AOV.

These files, are one combined RBG layer in AP, let's say "reflection" for example, but it's not a multipass file.

Well, I'll ask if the user can share the exact settings, maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks again!

Nonetheless, even if it works this way, it's only a workaround and shouldn't be the standard method, so I still hope this will get fixed.

• Moderators

I logged an improvement a while ago which would allow the user to choose how they are imported. We're seeing more and reports similar to this so hopefully we can see this implemented in the future.