You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.8)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Improvements / Fixes 

- Panorama improvements

- Denoise in Develop extension
- Improved reliability of Live Filter tools when switching between layers

- PDF import/export improvements, particularly in the area of bleed and trimboxes
- Pantone/Global colour improvements. Application and Document palettes are now searchable
- Added double-click to edit palette colours
- Visual indication that documents are loading (in the application title bar)
- Fix for non-retina drawing of UI in Layers panel - the disclosure triangle was drawn incorrectly
- Added ‘Hide Selection’ option to context toolbar of some tools - use it to hide the tool drawing while dragging
- Context toolbars changed to use icon instead of text ‘reset bounding box’ so that it occupies less space
- Improved performance when complicated grids are visible - more to come though…
- Improved printers marks
- Changing paragraph indent now also changes the first line indent too
- Fix for view appearing blurry at times when translated by a sub-pixel amount
- Canvas rotation with the trackpad can now be disabled from Preferences
- Increase font size for Japanese version
- Paragraph panel fixes

Edit: This build currently only works on Yosemite and El Capitan.

• Staff

Hope this doesn't mean there will be no more versions for lion. 

the previous beta works great on my macbook.

Is this the first death knell for Lion/Mountain Lion?  As someone who is determinedly hanging onto my Mountain Lion, I certainly hope not.

As MEB already mentioned, this is just for this beta only. The beta had a system breaking bug so the original post was updated to let people know before they install since some users uses the beta for work. We are determine to support Lion but unfortunately it isn't always easy as technology becomes replaced, removed, or added with newer OS X versions. :)

Two problems from 1.3.5.7 remain in this beta.

1. Only one Extension Persona can be used on each image as the image resets as you switch from one Extension Persona to another.

2. The Develop Extension does not work with my raw files (.dng). A black or blank (chequerboard) image results.

Do you have plans to fix these, please?

Hi, have trouble in the extension for Photo... have done following steps but still not able to see extension in Photo...

1. Have purchased the Affinity Photo in App store, install it and works fine. after reading forums on how to show the extension have downloaded the customer beta.

2. closed the affinity photo (Quit), and install the customer beta and follow instruction to install (it overwrite the Affinity Photo (some files probably)... open the app and works fine.  Open the Mac Photo and still the extension does not appear.

3. have read that one restarted the app so what i did was i restarted my mac book.

4. i again open the photo however did not find any affinity extension.

need help please...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.