You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Conversation on ePub in Affinity Designer (split)

2 hours ago, xanathon said:

Why is there still no epub export? Professional use of Designer is not possible without this feature.

Lots of us are doing professional work and don't need epub support.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

5 hours ago, pruus said:

So EPUB is not serious? The world change very fast, so learn it…….

Creating epub is also very professional. My point was that the lack of epub support doesn't mean Publisher isn't a professional app, it just might not be the right tool at this time for some people's work.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

I understand that affinity designer is so good that it can make multipage documents (I made a lot of 8 page brochures myself there) but ePub functionality definitely is more suited for the publisher and not for designer that is intended as an vector design program.

They could add it sure, but I would prefer the team for publisher to spent that time and effort, and team for designer focus on designer's things.

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Detlefk said:

But publisher is also not able to export as epub.

well ask about adding it at the appropriate thread then. It is not like I don't want it myself :)

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

17 hours ago, Detlefk said:

It's no more important for me. Serif lost me. No time to wait.

Those are some hard words for a developer team that give you a 50e one off payment for a program that is better than the competition and does not require subscription, while it get free updates regularly.

:(

Current Workstation:

50 minutes ago, nitro912gr said:

Those are some hard words for a developer team that give you a 50e one off payment for a program that is better than the competition and does not require subscription, while it get free updates regularly.

The artist/designer work or skill is also knowing when you need to use which tool/app.

It's evident that if you need for 98% of your work, features that aren't in the apps, you need to use orher ones. And it work in reverse, of course.

The apps need time.to be correctly debugged and for new features to be added. If they don't suit our needs yet, we have to wait, and use them only when they're the best tools.

It happens also.

absolutely, I want a tracing tool that designer is lacking so I have to cope with the extra step of using inkscape for this. I haven't met a program that cover 100% my needs and honestly, I prefer specialized programs to do 1-2 things but do them right.

Current Workstation: