You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Going back in history is not reverting edits in embedded documents

1. Create a RGB document and place (embedded) a CMYK PDF.

2. Export the document to e.g. PDF Small Size and note the calculated estimated file size.

3. Edit the embedded document and turn it into RGB.

4. Export the document to e.g. PDF Small Size and compare the result with the previous one. Should be smaller now.

5. Go back in history to the very beginning and export to e.g. PDF Small Size. The result should be like in step 4.

Conclusion A: Edits in embedded documents are not being reverted, when going back in history (you may note, that the edit won't appear in history).

Conclusion B: Converting colour spaces in the export dialogue is not working, otherwise the file sizes from steps 2 and 4 would be nearly the same.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi @Joachim_L,

I'm not entirely surprised. When you edit an embedded document, the history would be inside that embedded doc and not in your "main" doc, so when you undo it's not going to undo the colour mode changed in an embedded doc. Behind the scenes it's still using the right version though. If you collect that document at step 5 it's gonna correct itself to the CMYK pdf. 

I'll get this logged. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.