You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there, 

I'm making a business card that is 55 mm x 88 mm. One side is just text so it exports fine. The other has a jpeg image on it that looks fine in AD but then when I export as a PDF it comes out looking blurry. Any help with this would be appreciated. I attached a picture of the export settings, it was 300 dpi. Let me know if you need more details. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 10.35.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 10.36.27 AM.png

businesscard_butterfly.pdf

Hi,

It doesn't look blurry in the PDF, it looks good 👍

I imported it into AD to check. 55 x 88 mm, the butterfly is 300 dpi, its image is sharp.

What PDF viewer do you use? Can you take a screenshot from this program?

Many web browsers support viewing PDFs. You can try opening the PDF in different web browsers or other programs. 

This looks like bilinear resampling. Many viewers use the bilinear method by default.

But you don't need that much magnification, just look at the actual size in pixels (100% zoom) when 1 px of the image equals 1 px of the screen.

Zoom_100.png.bb8da31034bdc558ec1b75da046cbf4a.png

11 hours ago, cassiopoia said:

But the photo you posted looks blurry to me still. Weird?!

It looks like the original photo was larger than 375 dpi, and the export reduced it to 300 dpi.

If for some reason you want to keep the original image, which was over 300 dpi uncheck this:

d-i.png