You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Heavy rendering of PDF export [solved]

I'm still quite new to Affinity and learn to use it on new projects. 

When exporting a quite light project (3 page in designer, 4 Mb affinity file) to pdf (flatten/no layers/300dpi,70% compression) it uses very long time rendering and make a 10 Mb pdf file. 

First, using that long time for rendering was quite unusual to me (I'm running Affinity on a i7, 32 Gb Ram ThinkPad, Win10pro), and the file turned out too heavy. Is this an know issue or do I just need to fin tune the export more?

Update: removing ICC profile and layers made the trick. 

• Staff

Hi cje,

Could you attach a copy of your Designer document, the PDF settings you're using to export and also the resulting PDF files you're getting? However from what you've said it does sound like it might be a fairly large ICC profile you've used that was getting embedded to the PDF.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for the file - however I believe this is by design. Your design contains large areas of Layer Effects and when the whole document gets rasterised to 300dpi, the rasterised image has much larger pixel dimensions than the source document to maintain the 300dpi setting. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.