You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Startup of all tested Affinity Photo versions blocked by HuionTablet_WinDriver_v14.7.60

ErikGrosse

Since two weeks, I was searching for many hours, why my Affinity Photo showed only  the splash screen and then an empty, frozen window consuming all CPU power on one core.

I checked .NET, changed my graphic card, set the color managment to default, disable OpenCL usage, did a Windows repair run, installed Affinity Photo from 1.8.5 to 1.10.1, renamed a Capture One DLL, removed unnecessary fonts, deleted the settings in the AppData/roaming directory and .... nothing solved the startup problem.

When sorting the installed software on my Windows 10 system by time, I saw, that I have updated the software for my Huion Graphic tablet about two weeks ago, which I am using sucessfully with my Capture One 20. After deinstalling the software, Affinity Photo starts now normally again 😄

I hope, this will help and save time for other Affinity Photo users !!!!

Regards, Erik