You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

TOUCH, PENCIL & SAVE

Bowzer

Hey there @serif, i love Affinity Designer and have been using it for years now as I moved from illustrator desktop to AD on iPad. I have 3 things to wine about as these buggy issues have been happening on not only my 4th Gen iPad Pro but also on my previous versions and also with Apple Pencil 1 & 2, so here goes. #1 is there any chance we could PLEASE, PLEASE in God’s green planet have a fix for ‘one finger’ touch (blue circle). For example when I want to select multiple nodes or curves or just use this option most of the time it doesn’t work. I have to quit the app and load again for it to work and after a while it stops again. This is a major pain in the rear and slows down my work flow. #2 I have also found Apple Pencil ‘double tap’ is buggy and doesn’t go to the desired tool. This is also an issue. #3 Could we please have a ‘save’ option under the ‘document’ tab within the ‘workspace’ just under the ‘save as’ option. The only place that I’ve found to ‘save’ is when you move out of the canvas area and then select the ‘3 bars’ down the bottom to save. I save my work often and as with #1 when I quit app and go back into my canvas it is missing the last few minutes of work. I don’t understand your reason for this. AFFINITY DESIGNER is a bloody top app, I use it for my work nearly every day for hours. These issues I have stated aren’t new. PLEASE, PLEASE, I beg you to hear me out on this and do something about it.

Cheers and keep up the great work team @ serif.

Hi @Bowzer It's good to hear that you love Affinity Designer. Just following up on the 3 issues that you mention. I'd like to get a bit more info to enable me to recreate them here.

1. Would you be able to provide a video of the 'one finger' touch issue. I'd like to see the steps you are doing.

2. What tool do you have your Double Tap set to? I just checked mine thinking it was set to Undo and it was set to Node Tool. I'm not sure when this changed.

3. Would you be able to add this to Feature Requests and Suggestions? As it is more of an improvement suggestion rather than a bug it will be best over there.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/54-feedback-for-affinity-designer-on-ipad/ 

Hey there spacebar, thanx for the reply.

1. I’ll get the video shortly

2. I’m using the ‘node tool’ as my double tap.

3. I find the ‘save’ option is there above ‘save as’ under the ‘document’ menu whilst in an open doc, however this only when you ‘save’ a document from the main documents folder by clicking the 3 lines - close - rename - duplicate & close. Sorry by placing it in the ‘bugs’ section.
ps, I’ll get a video of the touch gesture issue.

‘cheers & stay safe……..I love this product, it’s a God send, it really is! Keep up the great work.