You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjustment layer as child layer BIG BUG!

SynergiA

I discovered a very serious .afphoto file compatibility bug between Windows and Mac.

I bring you the examples attached.

If you create an intervention with two adjustment layers as child layers, the hierarchy is inverse between Affinity Photo for windows compared to that for MAC.

The same file, which on the Affinity Photo for MAC version is in black and white (first shoot), on Microsoft Windows is shown with the "recolour adjustment" layer that prevails over the "black and white adjustment" layer. And the imagine is RED! (second shoot).

To get the same result I have to invert the hierarchy, putting the "black and white adjustment" layer on top of the "recolour adjustment" layer (3 shoot)

This is very serious because it prevents you from having a collaboration flow with users and employees who use Windows and Mac at the same time.

PLEAS FIX IT!!!!!!!

Mac Version.pngWindows.jpg

Windows correct.jpg

is there any change that you can upload the affinity photo file?

Can you please include the channels panel in the screenshots?

The image where you say it is on windows shows MacOs UI style. So i did not fully get what you want to say with "on Windows". Maybe edited on Windows, but the opened on Mac?

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

The images are an example, but the bug exist. Try open an .afphoto file (1 layer with 2 child adjustment layers) in a Affinity Photo for Windows and you can see the difference with Affinity Photo for Mac. The hierarchy of child layers in Affinity Photo for Windows works inverse….. 

• Staff

Hey SynergiA,

There's no need to post a bug in the macOS forum and Windows forum as they all share backend code so in future it will save yourself a bit of time. I've responded to your other post and confirmed the issue. I've updated the developers.

Thanks very much for the report :)