You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Working with Artistic text in Affinity Designer

This cannot be done in Affinity Designer, only in Affinity Photo using the Perspective tool. However, what you could do is this: add perspective in Affinity Photo using black on white copy with high enough resolution to create a very sharp image, then autotrace it in other software like Inkscape. Then you'd have a vector (.svg) which you could open & use in Designer. I also wish there was a way to warp/skew/add perspective in Designer. I have to use this route frequently.

It is possible to do all in vector in Designer but it is a hell of a lot of work (and the text would have to be converted to curves before starting). By a lot of work I mean days versus minutes in Photo with the perspective tools.

I question why you want to have it in vectors when the book jacket is most likely a pixel image.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Truthfully the book is actually a Vector image. And while I have and do frequently use Affinity Photo, it is just a personal preference of mine to work in Vector formats when at all possible.

Raster image tracing and warping and skewing text are thus far the only 2 things I have found that I miss from Illustrator.  Other than the subscription fee.  

I'll do it in Photo with the perspective tools since that's the only way currently possible within the Affinity Suite.  😉

Maby this can help, look at Vectorstyles.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

3 hours ago, PixelPest said:

I wonder if shearing will work for you eventually?

The A in Author is too tall. You'd have to scale each glyph from left to right.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.