You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inpainting brush tool is not working

welcome to this forum. Sorry to hear about your issues with the inpainting tool.

Did you already watch the official tutorial?

It would help us to help you if you can share more information.

Could you provide a screen recording of what you are doing?

What is the label of your photo layer, pixel or image?

If it says "image", please use "Rasterize" to convert it to a pixel layer.

image.png.8b1b228766ecc5754a3d2ae6e7baf0a4.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

2 hours ago, 4x4RE said:

The main reason that I bought this program was to remover the camera & monopod from my 360 pictures.

The tutorial I saw said to use the inpainting brush tool but it is not changing anything within the photo.

If your tutorial instructed you to use the Inpainting Tool on a new layer, make certain the option in the toolbar is set to Current Layer & Below.

• Staff

Hi @4x4RE,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There's a few reasons why it may fail to work: make sure you have the layer selected, that the Opacity and Flow are not set to 0% and that there's no selection active (go to menu Select > Deselect to deselect any selection that may be active/invisible). By default the Inpainting Brush Tool should rasterise Image layers (that is, files you drag to the canvas of an opened document or using File > Place for example) automatically for you but if not, right-click the Image layer in the Layers panel and select Rasterise. You can set Affinity to do this automatically for you going to menu View > Assistant (in Photo Persona) and setting the Other Brushes on vector layers option to Rasterise layer and apply brush.

As Lem3 pointed out you can set the Inpainting Brush Tool to output the result to a new layer (which must be selected) setting the respective option in the context toolbar to Current Layer & Below.

• 1 year later...

Man this infinity photo search garbage how do you spend hours trying to get a simple brush tool to work.  Photoshop is so much easier now I paid for this garbage. And yes I looked at all the videos and I looked at all the worthless comments by so-called moderators and still nothing. All I did was voiced my money and time a lot of it.

Is Papa Bear just having a bad day?

Or do you want some actual assistance with something?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.