You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't centralise bullets

That text from Word(?) is centre aligned. You are wanting the text to be centred but the bullets lined up on the left?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@Old Bruce I would like to make it look like the Word text in the screenshot, with the bullets and the words center aligned together

The bullet must essentially "follow" the words, and not be static / anchored to one side only. I want it for instance 5mm away from the word, but it doesn't allow for that.

I am only able to accomplish this with spaces, and not tabs. InDesign can do this as well.

I think using bullets with centred text makes for awkward typography and an unbalanced design. e.g., 

* apples
* pineapples
* pears

My preference if emphasis is required is to add symbols before and after for balance. e.g.,

* apples *
* pineapples *
* pears *

You could also consider using a more interesting flourish than a bullet.

I think the way Publisher handles it is fine and not a bug since lots of other programs do it this way (e.g., Apple Pages). But if you really want to do it then don't use the bulleted list feature - instead insert a bullet character and then one or more spaces before the list item.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

27 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

My preference if emphasis is required is to add symbols before and after for balance. e.g.,

* apples *
* pineapples *
* pears *

That would be my preference, too, for what it’s worth.

27 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

You could also consider using a more interesting flourish than a bullet.

Like this, for example:

7A8ECC47-E07F-4D09-AB40-AB5DFC1D9787.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, MikeTO said:

... I think the way Publisher handles it is fine and not a bug since lots of other programs do it this way (e.g., Apple Pages). ...

As Affinity applications are professional applications, are there professional design applications you can name that exhibit this behavior?

I agree that how Affinity applications work isn't a bug. But I would say that it is something that should be changed as per other professional applications.