You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.10.1.1142 still crashing on the splash screen

After new update the problem with crashing at start is still here. The splash screen dissapear after second and Publisher (and Photo also) won't lunch. I am attaching the crash report folder.

- I have i5-2430M, 12,0 GB RAM, GT525M, Windows 10 Pro (21H1) build 19043.1165

- delete temporary folder didnt help

- clear cache (start with CTRL) didnt help

Thank you.

CrashReports.zip

I have a similar problem with Publisher 1.10.x versions.  After installing 1.10.x versions the software opens for about 20 seconds and then crashes.  You can open files and manipulate content, etc all within this time, but it will crash no matter what you are doing.  I uninstall latest version and went back to 1.9.x versions and crashing stopped.

I then went back and installed the latest 1.10.x version again and crashing started again.

I am running Windows 7 64bit with 32GB RAM and graphics card Nvidia Quadro P400.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, Pauls said:

@paulie.reklama Are your graphices drivers up to date ?

Could the try disabling teh GT525M and seeing if affinity apps startup after that ?

Hi Paul,

I've checked the driver, it seems to be updated. In 1.9.2 everything is OK with same drivers, so I don't think that drivers should be a problem.

All my Affinity apps run if I block GT525 in win Device manager.

By the way I think that bug is also the fact that Affinity crash if it finds something wrong with GPU. I think the standart reaction should be some notification about non-compatibile GPU and then run with integrated graphic card. Not the crash.

Thank you.

• Staff

@paulie.reklamawe've not been able to determine an obvious cause. A workround would be to run up the app(s) with the card disabled then untick 'Enable OpenCL Compute acceleration". You should then be able to renable the graphics card and use the apps.

Also could you confirm the exact path to where your application is installed please

28 minutes ago, chrysilla Lewies said:

Mine is crashing also. It's so frustrating to work with AP these days.  Help please

Hello and welcome to the forums.

If Affinity programmes crash there should be a crash report, pleas read as follows and attach the .dmp file with the latest timestamp

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

On 9/15/2021 at 4:47 PM, Pauls said:

@paulie.reklamawe've not been able to determine an obvious cause. A workround would be to run up the app(s) with the card disabled then untick 'Enable OpenCL Compute acceleration". You should then be able to renable the graphics card and use the apps.

Also could you confirm the exact path to where your application is installed please

Hi Pauls, thank you for the tip, but when I disable GT525 in windows device manager, the openCL is untick everytime when I run app with the integrated graphic card. So it doesnt work unfortunately.

Exact path of Publisher is C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher\   It's on the main system drive.

I find it very strange that version 1 to 1.9 worked fine and now all of a sudden the graphics drivers are to blame for version 1.10.  That is not a logical assessment of how computer software works.  Also that many people are having this issue across many computers.  I have checked and rechecked and reinstalled drivers and the same issue occurs.  The logical assumption would be that the software has changed and causing issues with maybe certain graphics drivers.  If this is the case, the problem needs to be fixed from the software end and not the users end.

I also don't have any issue with graphics drivers with the heap of other software I have installed.

if I downgrade back to version 1.9, everything works fine.  Logically it is on the software creators end and not the users.

Please amend ASAP, otherwise I am stuck with version 1.9 and Adobe.  Because if I can't use anything above 1.9, then I have to go back to Adobe. 

Perhaps other Windows system components are faulty. To check this, the Windows tool sfc should be run.

Press Windows key + X, select CMD (Administrator) and enter sfc /scannow in the command line window and finish with the Enter key.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!