You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.10.1 Bolean Operation Bug

SuperUser

Tried this in 1.9.2.1035 and this same behavior happens in the file you uploaded. I think its been a bug for quite some time now.

Selecting all the objects like you did in the video, you can't "Add" them together. But if you select one of the curved lines and the circle, you can "Add" them together. Then after that you can select all the other curved lines and the circle, only then does the "Add" works on multiple objects (if you select all the curved lines and exclude the circle they "Add" just fine).

So it seems like its got something to do with how the circle was turned into outlines that makes it unable to be used in an "Add" boolean operation.

Would be nice to see a fix for this kind of bug for sure.

Hi @SuperUser I've logged your issue and passed it on to the development team. It was slightly different to other issues I've seen before so I created a new log.

As @wallacetospace mentioned, I was able to combine the shape by first adding all of the arched lines in the centre together and then adding that new shape to the circle.