VectorCat

Major beachball at high zoom levels

simple rectangle grouped with a small amount of text. Zooming in to the nano level to snap a guide exactly at the edge.

Been doing this all day, then I suddenly get minutes' worth of beachball time. try again, and again get minutes' worth of beachball time.

Also, Affinity appears to be in the act of a sudden quit; I can't bring it to the front, but its icon appears in CMD-TAB. Activity monitor does not say "not responding." Oh..there it goes.."Not Responding." 100% CPU.

Clearly something is making it or the computer very unhappy. File is relatively simple. I am working about as fast as I can/as fast as Affinity can keep up..which is pretty fast.

Please advise how to correct, and/or how to provide you with more granular information about this.

VC

PS: force-quite affinity and back in my document..same problem occurring...corrupt file? Going to restart Mac, hope that clears it.

2012 Mac Book Pro 12”, 8GB RAM, Mojave  |  2017 iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB, iOS 12.1.1

Can you post you Mac details please. When you zoom we use a bit more graphics memory each time but it should be freed up. It might be something specific to your graphics chip or OS version so any information will help.

2009 "Nehalem" Mac 2.26gz 8-core/16 with hyper-threading 16gb RAM, GeForce GT120 512MB card and OS X 10.9.5. Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet, Viewsonic 23" monitor. Stock hard drive, 7200 RPM.

Let me know if you need more information.

Also, I did a reboot and when I returned to the file in question, the problem was not happening any longer.

2012 Mac Book Pro 12”, 8GB RAM, Mojave  |  2017 iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB, iOS 12.1.1

My guess is the GT120. I don't think we have tested with one of those yet. We have a Mac Pro in the office and can probably get hold of a GT120 to see if we can find any issues.

Aight. I know that that card is on the weaker end of graphics cards spectrum, tho I've never had trouble doing things like FCP, Blender 3D, Lightwave 3D and other demanding chores.

Thank you for looking at that, TonyB

Nah, not the power of the card or lack of it - just that we use a lot of shader functionality in our renderer, and all cards have some funny quirks. We tried everything we could get our hands on over the last 4 years, but we aint seen one of those yet - we'll just buy one and fix it..

Thanks,

AndyS

Hmm...good to know.

tell you what I'd be willing to do...since you're such a stand-up crew...send me one of these and I'll send you my GeForce to round out your testing resources..you could write it all off as an R&D expense.

Sound good?

;-)