You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - Mirror Along a Line

I'm trying really hard to figure out how to do this, but I can't seem to get it to work properly. I have the frilly curves on the left side of the thin line. I'd like to use that line as a form of mirror, and the nodes at the ends of the curve are snapped to the line. I have tried duplicating the curves, flipping and rotating them, and trying to snap them as well, but it is not working. I can't find any "symmetry" feature except in the Pixel persona, and I don't think I want to go there.

Am I looking at this the wrong way? Should I be doing something else to accomplish this? I'm making several more corner designs like this that require 45 degree mirroring.

image.png

It seems you nearly got there?

1246847567_rotateflipasmirrorworkaround.jpg.785f3f62ba253ff85909796a6a929790.jpg

Indeed, unfortunately flip or mirror options are quite limited and reported to be insufficient in Affinity. This topic discusses some workarounds:

Possibly you want to add your vote to an according feature request, for instance …

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

When I posted this, it didn't seem to want to snap to the "guide" I made. What ended up working was penning this out using a vertical guide, then it would snap to the guide🤦

Even though I had effectively solved it, I left this open hoping there was a better way. I will definitely be checking out that feature request. Thank you!

• 1 year later...