MrDoodlezz

Stroke aligned inside + filling creates artifacts

Hey guys,

I ran into this »bug« – if it is one.

I’m currently working on icons on a 128 px² base.

When I set an object – say a rectangle with rounded corners – with a white filling and a greenish stroke I get what appears to be artifacts of some kind.

Seems like the white is shining through the contour. Though I'm not sure it’s a bug or this is just how it’s working. Anyone has any ideas how to fix this?

post-5367-0-28486000-1447591415_thumb.pngpost-5367-0-59705800-1447591422_thumb.png

post-5367-0-64127600-1447591421_thumb.png

Cheers

Dennis :)

MrDoodlezz Behance Profile

H MrDoodlezz,

Since you have changed the alignment of the stroke to inside, the outside boundary of the stroke now overlaps the outside boundary of the fill. When both are rasterised, the antialiasing picks some of the white from the fill on the corners, creating the artifacts you're seeing. I believe Matt will take a look at this later. To avoid it you can recreate the object using another stroke alignment if possible or create two rectangles, one for the stroke and another for the fill, reducing the width/height of the filled one, one or two pixels to avoid having their boundaries overlapping.

Hey MEB,

thanks for the answers. Right … I see, it’s just as I thought. Okay, I’ll go with your suggestion,

the second-rectanlge-version – even if it’s a bit inconvenient for the workflow.

But I think I remember having similar problems in Illustrator, maybe it’s just how this works?

Would be cool if this kind of »thing« gets fixed in Designer of course. :D

Thanks again and have a nice afternoon. :)

MrDoodlezz Behance Profile