You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers not behaving correctly going from affinity to adobe

So the Layer order is reversing? That is very strange because technically you shouldn't be able to see the silver Layer if it's behind (or beneath) the background Layer. At least the Layer names stayed in place. However, I'm not sure Acrobat DC is the same as Pro. Do you happen to have AI as well? Curious how the layers show up there.

So Acrobat Pro is pretty much the only option for this particular print co...

Actually, if its a PDF saved from Adobe Illustrator, I'm fairly certain it does keep layering as it treats it as a native file. Is that not correct? It's been a while since I worked in it.... It certainly doesn't know what to do with a PDF from Affinity.

Could this be a feature request?

51 minutes ago, j.king said:

So Acrobat Pro is pretty much the only option for this particular print co...

Actually, if its a PDF saved from Adobe Illustrator, I'm fairly certain it does keep layering as it treats it as a native file. Is that not correct? It's been a while since I worked in it.... It certainly doesn't know what to do with a PDF from Affinity.

Could this be a feature request?

AI, by default, saves a copy of the .ai format within a pdf. Under that circumstance, AI opens the embedded .ai file and disregards the pdf structure. 

If one disables saving a copy of the .ai within a pdf, AI cannot recreate the layers (if used).