You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't change tools/panels just clicking once

Hello everyone.

I'm having an issue while trying to change tools or panels clicking on them. I don't know why but I have to click several times until Designer (and Publisher) recognizes that I'm clicking over a new tool or panel. After clicking a lot of times it start working but if I click anything in my artboard and try to change tool/panel again it needs to be done clicking 10, 15x... It's driving me crazy. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Hi @BRlombardi So that I can try to replicate this can you answer the following please?

1. Is this only an issue for you with Designer & Publisher? Are you having the same problem with other apps?
  2. Can you also tell me what version of Designer & Publisher you are using and what version of Windows os?

Would you be able to upload a video of this happening so I can take a look?

11 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

Hi @BRlombardi So that I can try to replicate this can you answer the following please?

1. Is this only an issue for you with Designer & Publisher? Are you having the same problem with other apps?
  2. Can you also tell me what version of Designer & Publisher you are using and what version of Windows os?

Would you be able to upload a video of this happening so I can take a look?

This is the one I notice until now. I'm running 1.10.1.1142 for all Affinity softwares and my Win10 is:

Edição    Windows 10 Home
Versão    20H2
Instalado em    ‎21/‎04/‎2021
Compilação do SO    19042.1165
Experiência    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

Hi @BRlombardi Sorry for the delay in replying. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Is it only happening with Designer or does it happen in other apps as well? Also, is it just happening when changing tools or are there any other actions in Designer where this happens?

Hi. 

Unfortunately it's still happening with all Affinity softwares, but just when I use my Huion H1161 pen tablet... If I use a mouse it work fine. 

The problem is that when I try to click anything (tools, panels, top menu and other HUD components of the softwares) the program don't recognize as a click... depending the tool I'm using it keeps doing that function on my artboard: for example, if I'm using the pen tool on Designer and try to click on the colors panel instead of select the panel, Designer adds a new anchor point in my artboard like the panel wasn't there... But as I said, it just happens when I'm using the Huion H1161. 

For now I'm using my Logitech MX Vertical mouse for the major part of my day but sometimes I need to change to the pen tablet and this issue drives me crazy. I already uninstalled the logitech software from my computer to check if the problem disappear but that wasn't the case. 

Hope you can help me find a solution.

@BRlombardi After a bit of exploration I've just experienced this in Firefox using the Huion tablet I mentioned above. I was clicking a bookmark and nothing was happening but as soon as I used the laptop trackpad it worked fine. It seems to happen for about 10 minutes and start working again. It keeps going on and off like this, I'm not sure if that is down to the driver or the pen but it might be worth checking in the Huion community.

33 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

@BRlombardi After a bit of exploration I've just experienced this in Firefox using the Huion tablet I mentioned above. I was clicking a bookmark and nothing was happening but as soon as I used the laptop trackpad it worked fine. It seems to happen for about 10 minutes and start working again. It keeps going on and off like this, I'm not sure if that is down to the driver or the pen but it might be worth checking in the Huion community.

Thank you so much. I reinstalled the Huion software but the issue still occurs. Since you got the same problem in Firefox it's clear a problem with Huion. I'll try to resolve it with their support. Soon as I get an answer from them I'll share it here. 

Thanks again SPaceBar!