You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why isn't there a gallery to show works done by users?

Almost every creative app does have a gallery reachable from their website to show off the works done by it's users. Why not Affinity?

If you want to browse works done by users, you have to register and check the share your work section. As a visitor i wouldn't bother tbh. This should be made easy.

I browse the forum as a guest quite often, only sign in when posting, so it affects me as user as well.

What do you think? 

Yes.  A gallery would be great.  Most of us have limited time to spend in the forum and it would be nice to be able to visit the work being done by other members without all the tedious clicking and scrolling, especially when often the only new thing in the topic is a new comment on previously viewed work.

• 7 months later...

A gallery would be fab.As a Daisytrail member who is getting used to this software, I do miss not being able to see how other members are getting on with all the effects and techniques. Most of us have limited time to spend in the forum and it would be nice to be able to visit the work being done by other members without all the tedious clicking and scrolling,  :)  :)  :)  :) 

Quite a bit is on Flickr as well as here; if you're a member of Flickr you can search for Affinity. I agree a gallery would be nice as there are a number of independent galleries appearing. I'll add my gallery into my signature - there's not much in it, the pages were made when the Mac version first came out.

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

The Affinity team is small. They haven’t had a few seconds to change one single forum colour value, they haven’t had time to eliminate some old problems and to add needed features. Professional users don’t want that Affinity Publisher will delay for another year because a gallery has to be added and maintained. Perhaps some users want to do the job? Hands up …

That's why I mentioned Flickr, it seems to be the place to be for those who like that kind of thing. Yes, I do know that the Affinity Team have a lot of things to do, though I hope we are not considered on this forum not to be professional users just because we would like an easier way to look at the wonderful work that has been done so far. 

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

My Flickr Album

Sunset, that was the answer to the question of Str2 and please, don’t draw wrong conclusions. Serif implemented a “Share your work”, not a “Gallery”. They may had good reasons …

The pictures can be seen with a simple search (no need for registering).

Before we need a gallery, we need an “Expand Stroke” with acceptable results and the Publisher (originally announced for 2015).

That's why I mentioned Flickr, it seems to be the place to be for those who like that kind of thing. Yes, I do know that the Affinity Team have a lot of things to do, though I hope we are not considered on this forum not to be professional users just because we would like an easier way to look at the wonderful work that has been done so far. 

Sunset, that was the answer to the question of Str2 and please, don’t draw wrong conclusions. Serif implemented a “Share your work”, not a “Gallery”. They may had good reasons …

The pictures can be seen with a simple search (no need for registering).

Before we need a gallery, we need an “Expand Stroke” with acceptable results and the Publisher (originally announced for 2015).

Perhaps you should have used the quote facility to avoid misunderstandings.

I've been with this forum long enough to know all that. But it's a valid discussion and there is absolutely no reason why we should not have this conversation. The outcome may well be that someone does set up a gallery elsewhere, who knows. But it is a valid topic to discuss. I can also guess Serif's answer - which is that at the moment they are busy delivering the programs - and there is no problem with that, but maybe one day we can have a gallery? Of course, if you are a spokesman for Serif, but I don't get that impression.

My Flickr Album

Perhaps you should have used the quote facility to avoid misunderstandings.

+++++++++

[…] But it's a valid discussion and there is absolutely no reason why we should not have this conversation.

nanu schwendener did not, LilleG did not, jennyjennyjenny did not …

+++++++++

True, nobody did forbid this conversation, but we think that other things are much much more needed, because Serif can earn money with the other things. Time is money. You can google those pictures in seconds.

nanu schwendener did not, LilleG did not, jennyjennyjenny did not …

+++++++++

True, nobody did forbid this conversation, but we think that other things are much much more needed, because Serif can earn money with the other things. Time is money. You can google those pictures in seconds.

Those comments were following on from each other; but when I replied to you, you said that your comment was only in reply to str2 - we had no way of knowing that.

So, the conversation is a valid one. Good. As and when and if the Affinity team ever wish to consider a future gallery as a possibility I think that the Affinity team will be capable of making that decision. If you disagreed with the thread suggestion, you could have just said so. But please stop telling me what business decisions Serif should make. Affinity is, or was, of interest to me in connection with future plans for my own business. 

My Flickr Album

But please stop telling me what business decisions Serif should make.

[…] you said that your comment was only in reply to str2

The truth is: Nobody wrote that Serif should make accurately or broadly defined business decisions. Users need the features they spent their money for. Time is running. Publisher is delayed and many features (not a forum gallery) wait to be added and improved. There are other competing companies with more manpower and with more comprehensive apps. If you or Str2 need a gallery here in the forum, you can make a concept and a feature request. Until now there is only the question what we think plus only five answers.

No, you read wrong. Not a single “only” was used. The question of Str2 is the topic question. Nothing was quoted with reason. Because it was not an answer of your statements! Perhaps “you should have used the quote facility” in your post #7 because it refers to post #6.