You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My first attempt at making simple labels, black and white round label with words.

jarturn

Hi all, 

Lately I have been making my own oil and beeswax mixes for my woodworking projects, and wanted to make some small containers to send with my cutting boards. I made a round label mostly because I could get them here in town. They came in a 2 in size that fit my tins pretty well. I used the template that Avery provided and used snapping to align my stickers to the sheet. Once the basic design was worked out I duplicated the sheet and changed each one to the other oil.  

What I liked: Making it all black and white was very simple and easy to LaserJet print. Using a premade font kept the thing simple and easy to alter. Trimming with Masks kept everything fitting in the circles very easy.

Where I would change: My wife pointed out that I could of just duplicated the template layer and used them to get a better fit. I would potentially use the embedded object feature to update the sticker for changing the oil type or jar size when I make more. Leaving all of the shapes to not be trimmed by the mask would help with the bleed but make it harder to align. Thickening the stroke a bit more to cover any misalignment in the sheet. Print the pages separately so as to align each better. 

Anywho, thanks for reading if you did and looking. I would love any suggestions, critiques or techniques. 

Thanks all,

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png  

spacer.pngspacer.png

I cannot view your images.
Clicking on a link gives me a (mostly) blank pop-up – see first attached image.
If you want to share an image – or Affinity document – you can simply attach the file to the post rather than using a link to a web resource – see second attached image.

Screenshot 2021-08-30 082956.png

Screenshot 2021-08-30 083154.png

4 hours ago, GarryP said:

I cannot view your images.
Clicking on a link gives me a (mostly) blank pop-up – see first attached image.
If you want to share an image – or Affinity document – you can simply attach the file to the post rather than using a link to a web resource – see second attached image.

I think I got it corrected. Thanks for letting me know. 

That’s much better, thanks.
I think those are pretty good designs for that type of product.
Simple and to-the-point, in a good way. Adding more stuff would probably spoil things.
I might have been tempted to move some things around to change the spacings a bit, but that’s probably just me being overly-picky.