You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How would you do this? Curve and shape Combination

Hi all, 

I am wondering how you would go about this?

I am trying to make a small round sticker.

I want to combine the Mountain curve to the circle shape. When I try Boolean options it tries to complete the curve. 

I put a couple of the examples in the file so you would see my bad examples. 

I just want to be able to color the items independently. I understand that i can mock it up and probably pen tool all the shapes independently, but if you would have a better suggestion I would appreciate the guidance.

Thanks all. 

sun sticker practice.afdesign

Hi @jarturn,

You can continue the curves and close them to make shapes: snow over the mountains and mountains over the circle.
Then select the snow and insert it inside the mountain. Then insert the mountain inside the circle. Do the same with the sun if you wish.
Then put in the colors you have chosen.

2021-08-30_091739.jpg

EDIT

Another possible way is to close the curves as before and fit them precisely to each other.
For the sun, remove the parts outside the circle.

2021-08-30_094006.jpg

4 hours ago, G13RL said:

Hi @jarturn,

You can continue the curves and close them to make shapes: snow over the mountains and mountains over the circle.
Then select the snow and insert it inside the mountain. Then insert the mountain inside the circle. Do the same with the sun if you wish.
Then put in the colors you have chosen.

2021-08-30_091739.jpg

EDIT

Another possible way is to close the curves as before and fit them precisely to each other.
For the sun, remove the parts outside the circle.

Thanks! You are totally correct, I see it a bit more like building the shapes with how you displayed it. Very cool. I need to slightly oversize things and use layering a bit better. 

I have tried in the past with aligning the curves as mentioned at the end and the first option you suggest seems way more forgiving.