You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

cannot create macro with freq separation with the bilateral filter

the only thing that shows up when you try to build a macro using the new bilateral and median filters within freq separation, is the gaussian blur radius as adjustable elements. I was able to build macros with the older version of Freq separation. What you see is that the radius can be adjusted , not the tolerance you have no choice even though you select it as an adjustable parameter... the tolerance adjustment is required for the macro to work.  . I believe that it defaults to the gaussian blur filter so that you cannot really apply the bilateral filter.  

Can you confirm? if that is the case it makes the bilateral method which i have been using for years to sharpen not really useable if you cannot create macros with it...  thanks

• 2 weeks later...

thanks. Is frequency separation in affinity an embedded macro? IF so it should be doable to code it so that you can select bilateral or median blur.  I guess for the time i will use the custom sharpen by bilateral blur filter that I put in the forum.  IT works pretty well without halos.  I was able to build macros involving frequency speration before, but it is not a live filter  in Affinity.  Any chance you can make it alive filter??