You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

under exposed imagine while opening

Hallo from Italy

Opening a photo (Nikon's RAW NEF) on any 3 different software (AP, Lightroom and Nikon NX Studio) the last two give me a correct exposure and a reliable histogram, AP instead offers me a histogram completely shifted to the left and the photo dark and underexposed.
How is it possible?? I have looked at the AP preference settings (1.10.1) and it seems all right, or at least I haven't changed anything recently.
Do you think of something? I have a good Imac and macos Mojave, the camera is a Nikon D7200.
I attach 3 screenshots describing the situation.

Thanks for the attention

Roberto

NX.jpg

LR.jpg

AP.jpg

did you check the color gamut you are using?  each of lightroom, capture 1, On1 (etc) use their own version of a color gamut and i can tell you that the colors from lightroom when compared to Capture 1 are noticeably different. you should expect a difference.  When in RGB mode the colors and lightness are changed together.  so you should expect lightness and color to be affected when switching from one tool to another.  IF you use LAB gamut color and lightness are separate.  A simple method I use when switching from tool to tool is to use the largest color gamut available when in RGB  , try Prophoto that may eliminate some changes between tools..  

The Assistant Manager>Develop Assistant has settings that AP can automatically apply upon opening the RAW image. Scroll down to the very bottom of the help about developing RAW files.

https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/pages/Raw/raw.html

Choosing to have the Develop Assistant do nothing, the RAW image will appear to be lacking in contrast. I do not have AP apply Tone Curve or Exposure Bias. I want to control how my images are developed.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

2 hours ago, Ron P. said:

The Assistant Manager>Develop Assistant has settings that AP can automatically apply upon opening the RAW image. Scroll down to the very bottom of the help about developing RAW files.

https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/pages/Raw/raw.html

Choosing to have the Develop Assistant do nothing, the RAW image will appear to be lacking in contrast. I do not have AP apply Tone Curve or Exposure Bias. I want to control how my images are developed.

Thank you very much, now it's clear how it works.

Roberto

Your very welcome.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD