You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF- not sure what happened?

I am on a Mac laptop.  I have been working for some time on a magazine style layout with lots of high quality images. In the past month when I export it as a PDF the images always look clear and crisp. Well as of last night for some reason every image is now blurry. I have tried to export a few different ways in PDF and got nothing. Even reloaded some of the photos.  What did I do wrong?  

What does the resource Manager show for the status of your images?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.3, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

No Gaussian blur or anything else on top of it. And I am not sure what you mean pasting into a new document and then exporting to PDF? A little FYI, I have checked many of my older projects and they all now have the same problem. I'm think this last update from Affinity was bad, is there anyway to go back to the last version??

• 3 weeks later...

That's because you put large images on top of the text.

Put your Blue Background.png at the bottom, or better a rectangle with the same light blue at the bottom of your master pages (and "modify dettached" to hide it in the few pages that don't need it).

Use Paragraph text style for the top line and page number (and modify them to get the same gren/red/stroke color as before moving the Blue background at the bottom, if you like it best).

On the cover: put frame-white.png just before the screen shot, so it won't rasterise the text.

Etc.

I'm not sure what you're using as export, but the original problem of rasterised text is solved putting the images in the background.

Now, your pages are only 5,18 × 6.71 cm, and it's really small... smaller than a buisness card. If you export for the web at 72 PPI, you can't have something high def and not blurry.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.