You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom Pressure sensitively in Designer?

I had the same no pressure sensitivity problem. A quick visit to the Wacom Control Panel in System Prefs and tested the sensitivity there, was okay. Then closed the prefs panels and went back to AD. Pressure worked. Rebooted and restarted AD, pressure still works.

I did create, in the Wacom Panel, a custom setting for AD. 

There seems to be a lag/jerkiness to the pressure when making the lines. 

Hope this helps.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

I noticed this jaggyness when drawing as well. Hopefully that will be improved on in subsequent updates.

You can also tweak the properties a bit if you click on the properties button in the 'line" panel before or after you've drawn the line.

I would like to also see a smoothness adjustment slider in the properties pop up to make line smoothness adjustments after I draw the line...

• 4 months later...

I have this issue with vector brushes still. Has their been an update? The raster brushes all work brilliantly. I am using a cintiq. 

I misunderstood MEB's reply. He is correct, but by default it is not set to pressure for some reason. https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/6231-affinity-designer-customer-beta-rc1-11223308/?p=26531

• 4 months later...

Also I can't scroll thru the brushes the using my pen.  When you first open the brush panel the scroll bar is there and I can use the pen to scroll. Once the scroll bar disappears, using the pen will not bring it back. I have to put the pen aside and scroll with the mouse to get to a brush down the list.

For what it is worth using either of the "velocity" settings to simulate pressure when using a mouse does not produce any variation in line width in Draw Persona while in Pixel Persona "velocity" does produce variations in line width when using a mouse.

• 1 year later...

Now 2 years later .....
Did this ever get fixed because I am having the same issue. Also tried what Cartoon Mike did, creating a custom setting for AD.
Please help. I only do pure vector drawing, so this issue is really making AD useless to me right now. Just bought it and never thought to look in the Forum first  :-(

I have an older medium sized 3rd gen Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch model laying around here, which reacts slightly to the AD pressure setting in terms of drawing thinner or fatter brush lines.

• post-49706-0-98445500-1487511313_thumb.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 3 months later...

Now 2 years later .....

Did this ever get fixed because I am having the same issue. Also tried what Cartoon Mike did, creating a custom setting for AD.

Please help. I only do pure vector drawing, so this issue is really making AD useless to me right now. Just bought it and never thought to look in the Forum first  :-(

I wonder about this too...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same problem here. I have Windows 10, Affinity Designer 1.5.3.69 and Wacom Bamboo MTE-450A with the latest driver installed.

I select PENCIL TOOL and define Controller to be PRESSURE. When I draw a line, the pressure variation affects nothing. I've also checked the brush settings and everything seems to be in order.

Using a pressure modifier on PAINT BRUSH in Affinity Photo works perfectly well though. So it seems to be a problem with Designer only.

Any solutions?

EDIT: It pays to complain. The pressure sensitivity started to work. I just chose a different brush (Solid brush with pressure size 128) and adjusted the brush width (to 30) and it works. I have no idea why that helped, but it did.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:50 AM, Matti Lintula said:

The pressure sensitivity started to work. I just chose a different brush (Solid brush with pressure size 128) and adjusted the brush width (to 30) and it works. I have no idea why that helped, but it did.

Thanks for that information!

• 3 months later...

Hi I fixed my pressure sensitivity issue with the Draw Persona, however I am having bad performance issues with my Wacom (intos Pro Large Paper edition) and pixel based brushes! ... I had used it on the trial I previously used... and it worked perfectly then! since then my windows machine has upgraded to Fall Creators Update as well as running the latest 1.6.xx version.. it runs well enough using the mouse but the lag using the stylus is just unusable - The wacom works wonderfully in Photoshop CC2018 so either AD wants more resources from my system that it doesn't currently have OR AD just won't play nice with the current Wacom driver?? anybody got the same or similar issues?

Cheers!

P.S. Moderator feel free to let me know if this should be a new post... and/or posted elsewhere in the forums!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I found a solution for this problem. The problem is not that the pressure sensitivity is not working, but that it's very little. You have to select the pressure option in the controller as you all said and then, change the size variation in your stroke panel properties. I attach an image. It's not in english, but I hope you could understand.

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-26 a las 11.50.43.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/26/2017 at 5:54 AM, Pablo Cuesta said:

Hi! I found a solution for this problem. The problem is not that the pressure sensitivity is not working, but that it's very little. You have to select the pressure option in the controller as you all said and then, change the size variation in your stroke panel properties. I attach an image. It's not in english, but I hope you could understand.

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-26 a las 11.50.43.jpg

this one worked for me

sector1.png