You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MxHeppas New Gradientmap "tool" (does something what Native one does not) for Affinity Photo

MxHeppa

this is procedural texture preset. and what this does differently to included gradientmap:
you can do gradient map beetween two colours what have both own alpha value. this allow "remap" image for example beetween red and transparent what is impossible factory included Gradientmap. but limits you can use only two colours (what i you can select) and no swatches and you dont have blend modes with original image. and gradient position is average of original pixel RGB values. i try develop other useful ones allready have one idea another idea if develop many put them own thread. i soon when i have time upgrade variable names to better in this. to easier understand how this works even idea is very simple.

Could there something  be missing in you post (the preset file)?

besides the textual description, some screenshot how it works and an example document would help to understand.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

yes i can do. screenshot. and try i tell more there is eight sliders what define colours what used for gradient values are first colour red,green,blue,alpha

and second colour red,green,blue,alpha.
uinlike "factory" gradientmap there is also alpha values used colours. then you can do for example image beetween black and half drapsparent yellow fpr example.
ps. i develop soon example images.
there is three iamges one what shows gui. and one show orignal image and one show one gradientmap applied.

gradientmap_gui.png

gradientmap-original-image.png

gradientmap_used.png

here i put this modified image top of project where i have simply word UNICORN. becouse image is partly transparent end looks this. normal gradientmap modified images are fully opaque. is both ends own alpha value. i hope these images help understand its idea.

gm_unicorn.png