You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong units and undesirable scaling after export to SVG

I have the document setted to mm units. When I export the document into SVG format (Preset: SVG for export) and open new SVG file, it has px as default unit. After I swith units to mm it's dimension is 1.24 times greater then original.

I tried it with a few documents, changing export preset, but always Designer had same behaviour.

Designer version: 1.10.1.1142

On 8/26/2021 at 8:41 PM, Filip H. said:

I have the document setted to mm units. When I export the document into SVG format (Preset: SVG for export) and open new SVG file, it has px as default unit. After I swith units to mm it's dimension is 1.24 times greater then original.

I tried it with a few documents, changing export preset, but always Designer had same behaviour.

Make sure your AD Document resolution is set to 72 dpi then the exported SVG file will be the correct size when re-opened in AD and converted to mm.

Edit: Having said that, it also depends where you intend using the SVG file as different apps work using different dpi's, e.g., Carbide Create requires 96 dpi whereas Cricut Design Space uses 72 dpi so you need to set the dpi specifically for the application you intend using it with and uncheck Viewbox from More options.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse