You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page order of artboards

As it is now, when exporting a multi-artboard document as PDF, the page sequence seems to be defined by the spacial location of the artboards inside the pasteboard area, but someone correct me if my assumption is wrong.

If this is the case, this is not the best way, by far.

At the very least, the order should be the one defined in the layer panel, from top to bottom.

If this is too restrictive, maybe each artboard could have a page number attached and it would show up in the name, lie this: Artboard Name (#1)

The numbers should be able to be edited and, of course, no similar numbers would be allowed.

The order is the order in the layer panel, bottom to top. If you think in terms of overlapping objects, then the first artboard to be drawn becomes the first page. If you start with a blank document and create four artboards, the one you created first will become the first page, and the one you created last will become the last page.

No way should artboard have page numbers, because artboards are not pages. We will add proper page support in due course.

[…]  artboards are not pages. We will add proper page support in due course.

Great! Really curious how Affinity will implement this as there seem to be conceptional overlaps between a page and an artboard. I’m sure this flexibility can be super-awesome though.

• 3 weeks later...