You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text opacity different from other objects

mark-h

I've seen this problem before and it's happened again today so I've experimented and saved the file.

391334485_2021-08-24153948.png.05047128f71c2c0b31a96f14a5089a1f.png

When I have shapes and text with the exact same colour, the opacity slider (either in layers or in colour) doesn't affect the two objects the same. The text seems to be less opaque, unless there's nothing but empty canvas behind it. Even once the text as been converted to curves the problem remains.

One way to make sure everything is the same is to use Copy/Paste Style but this isn't ideal when some objects are fills and others are strokes. Plus, I can't determine which one has the 'correct' opacity. And basically I'd like to change the opacity of objects without having to make sure none of them look different. I've checked RGB and CMYK colour values and they all seem the same, and It's an 8-bit, sRGB file so I can't think what else could be causing this. Can anyone help?

I've attached a screen recording to demonstrate what's happening, and I've included the project file.

Cheers,

Mark

Opacity problem 2.afdesign