You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for Windows - 1.10.1

Patrick Connor

• Staff

We are pleased to announce an update for the Windows release of Affinity Photo, version 1.10.1

The changes in Affinity Photo for Windows 1.10.1 (made since the last release Affinity Photo for Windows 1.10.0) are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

• Converting text with emojis, underlined text, or text with other attributes to curves would cause the app to crash. 
  • Application failed to launch due to downloaded My Account content that contains missing fonts. 
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when closing the application. 
  • Trials have been reset, so anyone who has tried the 10 day trail before can start a new trial.
  • Fixed the "Failed to save" error in documents containing duplicated picture frames.
  • Unsplash removed from the stock panel
  • Help & localisation improvements.

The improvements in 1.10 are listed in some detail in this 1.10.0 Photo Windows update announcement

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in Help > About Affinity Photo).

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the Affinity Store software it will check for updates and offer any available update. The latest update will install over the top of any earlier version, with no need to uninstall. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "Download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Photo for Windows) can be downloaded from this link. (that installer is NOT for Windows Store purchases and needs a product key).

If you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store— Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@nicoppc The fix list above is a complete list of the changes, so in this case no. However we have found that crashes on GPU are normally caused by issues out of our control normally genuine graphics driver issues or 3rd party apps interfering. If you do not have any of these applications or services installed, we suggest users make threads in the questions forum to help you find the cause.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Shame about the Unsplash removal, but I totally understand why. It makes you wonder if Pexels and Pixabay might do the same. There's also a possibility for M&A in the photo sharing world.

A thought. Unsplash wants donations of photos from photographers (as do Pexels and Pixabay). What if there was a way for Affinity users to easily submit images to them? If their API could handle it, then good. But if not, perhaps even a link would help. Or maybe Serif could even pre-emptively build value (including for Affinity users) with some half-way interface. This could be a significant lever in negotiations.

Regarding this, I notice through my InAffinity channel that many of my users are older. Like me, there's a pattern of folks retiring and getting deeper into photography (just look at the demographic of the average photographic club). This might indicate a greater average willingness to freely share images and less need to make money, as these are retirees who have made their mark and hav sufficient pension at least to indulge in camera kit. This would be a splendid source for the photo sharing sites, and making it seamlessly easier to contribute would be of great value to them.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Sobre todo gracias, agradezco mucho vuestro trabajo, no entraré en polémicas, hace 3 años que estoy usando affinity photo y al igual que otros software mucho más grandes tenéis fallos. Cosa que muchos an olvidado,nadie es perfecto, lo importante es como solucionar los problemas y vosotros de momento siempre terminais solucionando el problema. 

En mi caso pasando el rendimiento a habido un gran avance, ahora va más fluido. 

Saludos. 

• Staff
5 hours ago, chall3ng3r said:

Download links opened through app notification lead to error.

Next time this happens please can you attach a screenshot. I wonder if it's an https security error

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

15 hours ago, dmstraker said:

Shame about the Unsplash removal

It certainly is! It’s made a big dent in the feature, especially since I don’t/won’t use Pexels.

I wonder if any of the sites mentioned in this thread could be added:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 8/27/2021 at 10:42 PM, Alfred said:

... I don’t/won’t use Pexels.

Are you able to share why?

Dave Straker

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

On 8/27/2021 at 10:42 PM, Alfred said:

… I don’t/won’t use Pexels.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:07 AM, dmstraker said:

Are you able to share why?

My apologies, Dave! I should have included a link to the following in my previous post:

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

@onedot3

Try http instead of https I think the security certificate needs addressing

http://go.seriflabs.com/affinity-photo-update-1

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

32 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@onedot3

Try http instead of https I think the security certificate needs addressing

http://go.seriflabs.com/affinity-photo-update-1

Alternatively, use this rather more direct link:

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1

Alfred spacer.png

You seem to have an extension "Automatic HTTPS" active. Do you still have problems if you disable it?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks Walt that was the problem

Automatic HTTPS was on 

There are 3 option 

On / Off

Switch to HTTPS only on websites likely to support HTTPS

Always switch from HTTP to HTTPS (connection errors might occur more often)

Mine was On 
And
Tried 
Still failed
Turned Off
Worked

To help others who are using Microsoft Edge

Goto
...  (3 DOTS) Top left under the X (Close)
Settings
Privacy. search, and services
Scroll down till
Security

Automatically switch to more secure connections with Automatic HTTPS On / Off
Using HTTPS can help keep your personal info more secure
2 options

Edited by onedot3
Forgot to say thaks

On 8/27/2021 at 4:42 PM, Alfred said:

I wonder if any of the sites mentioned in this thread could be added:

Just wanted to say that I updated the Topic, removing / adding links.

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 9:06 AM, Alfred said:

My apologies, Dave! I should have included a link to the following in my previous post:

Just a note: I went to stokpic.com and a friendly little popup-looking thing offered to do a free virus scan for me. How nice. How worrisome. I clicked away.

Dave Straker

Thanks for the update, its not crashed on me and seems to run OK other than, its much slower than 1.9.2 or the original 1.10.0.

I see others have raised this as an issue.

Something must be wrong because nothing has changed from my point of view re-PC setting etc etc, just the update giving this slow issue now.

It seems to be something to do with rendering as it is far more pixilated for far longer, the noise reduction takes what seems like an age now to render also other aspects are much slower. It really is very noticeable.