You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

a way to get plug-ins to find APhoto on installation?

I bought the latest version of Filter Forge and when I try to install it, it does not give me the option to install it as a plug-in to Affinity Photo (v1.10), although it is supposed to do so.  I think it might be because it can't find APhoto on the pc (thanks Microsoft for sandbagging it away like this) - does anyone have a work around?  thanks.

I installed it as a stand-alone and added it to the plug-ins, but when I try to use it, I get this message: <class XFW::StateError> The control <class Controls::Control>@000000000CB200B0 has no window handle.  I'm on a pixel layer in the photo persona. Any help would be appreciated, I don't have a clue what to try next.  thanks

Hello @tree-standing

I have installed the trial version and a selection window appears. So it's not Microsoft that is preventing anything here. 

filterforge.png.fcca93945a6d8a04635911e9d5d71e7a.png

You find the folder with the plugin under Program Files\Filter Forge 10\Plugin. Mark the x64 folder and copy (ctrl +c)

In APhoto go to Preferences --> Photoshop Plugin. Click on "Open default folder ..."

Now paste (ctrl + v) in to the APhoto plugin folder. Be shure 'Allow "Unknown" plugins ... ' is ticked. Restart Affinity Photo.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Maybe you have a chance if you deinstall Filter Forge and reinstall with a fresh downloaded version. Before you reinstall, delete the manual copied plugin folder.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!