You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am starting  to explore using Affinity Photo to stitch my panos. I use Capture One to preprocess the raw images and export them into AP as 16-bit tiff files via a working folder on my desk top. And while I am pleased with the resulting pano my workflow back to C1 looks like it was invented by “Rube Goldberg”, and to say the least, it is a “kluge”.

Thomas Fitzgerald filmed a video tutorial that described his workflow, but unfortunately, I am a dinosaur and I do not learn from videos (I am a text based learner). I watched the video and by performing numerous start/stops and making screen grabs, I attempted to make a text base version of his tutorial.  But, I apparently missed something because it isn’t working, I am unable to get the pano into the same C1 catalog file as the original image set.

Can anybody identify a text based tutorial that shows how to get a pano from AP back into C1?

Stitching Panoramas with Capture One and Affinity Photo.pdf

3 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Duplicate of this topic.

Near duplicate, anyway. Big_Stan is Following this one (didn't Follow the other one), and the other one had a copy of the tutorial steps he's trying, with a link to a search that gives the actual tutorial.

@Big_Stan: For future reference, you could have simply clicked Follow at the top of your other post; you didn't need to make a new one if the only purpose was to make sure you're Following it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
14 hours ago, R C-R said:

Duplicate of this topic.

@Big_Stan I have hidden the first topic posted, as other members have mentioned this is a duplicate post and as you are 'following' this post (meaning you'll be notified of replies) I felt it best to leave this thread active.

19 hours ago, Big_Stan said:

Can anybody identify a text based tutorial that shows how to get a pano from AP back into C1?

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any text based tutorials for this workflow, my apologies.

Can you please confirm the steps you have taken that have worked as expected? For example, are you able to create and export the panorama from Affinity correctly?

Or simply you are not able to 'pull' this image back into C1 after exporting?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

1 hour ago, Big_Stan said:

I can export successfully the pano from AP, it goes into a folder on the desk top which I use for my pano.  It is getting back into the parent C1 catalog that is the pain.

That's really a Capture One question, so I would do a web search (I used Google) for capture one how to add a panorama to the catalog and you'll get some results that include video tutorials and some questions asked in the Capture One support forum. One of those suggests that after you save (or move) the panorama into your Capture One catalog directory, you just right click on the catalog and choose Synchronize. If that isn't what you want, I would look for how you add a new directory to your C1 catalog, and do that to the directory you've chosen to save panoramas in.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: