You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lens Correction for Fuji X mount lens / s

Hi team

Can I ask please when / if your list of lenses in the Develop Persona - Lens Correction will be updated to include

Fuji XF50-140 2.8 and 1.4 convertor

Fuji XF8-16 2.8 R LM WR 

Fuji XF 200 F2 R LM OIS WR and

Fuji XF 200 F2 R LM OIS WR  and 1.4 convertor

Many thanks

• Staff

We use the LensFun database of lens corrections and the list of the supported lenses can be found in the link below, once they release and update for the Fuji lenses you can download the file from them and place it into Affinity Photo's Lens Profile folder and the app will then make this update available in the Develop persona

https://lensfun.github.io/lenslist/

Hi and thanks very much for your speedy reply.

Sadly not only are the lenses I seek correction ability not on the list (not on development list either) but it looks very much like the person running the site is stopping, I quote

""

Currently, I do not have time to maintain the Lensfun project in way that is satisfactory for myself, for the community and for the users. This project really needs someone who takes a look at the bigger picture and has the vision and motivation to keep the project alive and in a good condition.

Therefore, I would like to ask the community to take over the Lensfun project management and maintenance in the next months. I will still be around and contribute from time to time. But to be realistic, none of the above listed changes will happen if no one else kicks in and does the job. Ideally, Lensfun is taken under the hood of a bigger project with experienced developers like e.g. Darktable or Rawtherapee that already makes use of Lensfun.

""

Additionally but understandably there are no means of contacting Lensfun

So I guess that the lenses I seek correction for will not be appearing anytime soon

Your thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/20/2021 at 9:36 AM, DWright said:

We use the LensFun database of lens corrections and the list of the supported lenses can be found in the link below, once they release and update for the Fuji lenses you can download the file from them and place it into Affinity Photo's Lens Profile folder and the app will then make this update available in the Develop persona

https://lensfun.github.io/lenslist/

Hi

Back in Aug 21 I posted about lens profile updates.

I wonder if Affinity have adopted a fresh approach regarding lens profiles particularly as Lensfun is not producing anymore

Kind regards

12 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

For what it's worth, LensFun is still a very active project; the community continues to contribute on a regular basis. The last commit was just two days ago!

Hi and thanks for your speedy response. So, is there / what is the route for getting lens profiles up onto the Affinity Lens profile in develop persona. Be kind as I am obviously a newby to this

Kind regards

• Staff

We update the lens profiles periodically; in the meantime, if there is a profile from LensFun that you'd like to bring into the app, you can import them.

Here is the procedure on desktop:

• Go to Preferences
  • Choose "Open Lens Profiles Folder in Finder" (Mac) or "Open Lens Profiles Folder in Explorer…" (Windows)
  • Copy your downloaded XML file into the folder
  • Restart the app

Then, if the profile is not automatically detected by Develop Persona, you can still select it manually from the Lens Profiles list.

Hope this helps!

4 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

We update the lens profiles periodically; in the meantime, if there is a profile from LensFun that you'd like to bring into the app, you can import them.

Here is the procedure on desktop:

• Go to Preferences
  • Choose "Open Lens Profiles Folder in Finder" (Mac) or "Open Lens Profiles Folder in Explorer…" (Windows)
  • Copy your downloaded XML file into the folder
  • Restart the app

Then, if the profile is not automatically detected by Develop Persona, you can still select it manually from the Lens Profiles list.

Hope this helps!

Hi and again thanks, locating the list of profiles at LensFun is my next task

Kind regards