You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keeps crashing when I go to Account

Geebs

I have purchased Affinity Photo for Windows 10 along with a LUT pack.  I am new to Affinity.  I did a couple of tutorials, then I saw it needed an update, so it did.  I then wondered how to load the purchased LUT pack as there were no files on my computer.  Every time I go Account and scroll down to see my purchased, Affinity freezes.  I googled it and saw that I should update my graphics driver, so I did, nVidia GeForce Game Ready Driver Version: 471.68.  I tried again, but the problem still exists.  I am unable to close the program, only restart my computer every time.  Hoping someone can help as I am going around in circles.  Thanks.

• Staff

Hello Geebs, welcome to the Affinity forums.

This is the first time I've seen this so to start, can I ask you to try disabling OpenCL from Preferences > Performance. I'm not sure which graphics card you have however updating the graphics card, for some reason, does not always fix it—you have to remove the existing driver (even if it is current) and reinstall it.

Hi Chris

Thank you for your reply.  I disabled OpenCL and the problem still exists.  I cannot even Close Window in the taskbar.  I need to restart every time.  I wonder if I should go back to the previous version.  Hopefully I can do that ok.  But maybe the previous version does not work either.  This is very frustrating as I am spending many many hours on this.  It’s a brand new computer.  The graphics card is nVidia GTX 1650 Super 4GB.  I purchased the Ivan Weiss LUT pack and I can see it in my account when I scroll down just before it crashes.  When I add an LUT adjustment layer, it takes me to a window and I click on Load and it shows me my computer.  I cannot find any LUT files anywhere.  I wonder where it was placed.  

• Staff

We haven't seen this reported elsewhere so the only thing we can think of is grabbing a crash report (if you have one).

I appreciate that you've rolled back but I wonder if you have any crash reports that might help us? If you are still willing, they can be found here:

As I'm not sure if you purchased from us or via the Microsoft Store, I've included both locations:

Affinity Store version - Go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports

Microsoft Store version - Go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Store)\CrashReports\reports

You can access the AppData folder by pressing the Windows key + R on your keyboard and then just type %AppData%

• 3 weeks later...