You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo v1.10 from Apple App, Store Showing permission issues when exporting

Tim C

I recently purchased Affinity Photo v1.10 from Apple App Store just a week or so ago.   Starting a few days ago, I started getting permission issues when truing to save or export a photo.  I see on forum apparently issues with Affinity downloaded from Apple store.   Regardless HOW do I fix this?  

this is getting really annoying I can't save anything. 

1 hour ago, Tim C said:

I installed no fonts, there are whatever fonts came with the product?  When I look at it, it scrolls for pages, assuming well over a 1,000 

No fonts come with the Affinity products. If you haven't installed any, then perhaps they came with some other products you have installed?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

No fonts come with the Affinity products. If you haven't installed any, then perhaps they came with some other products you have installed?

Speaking of lots of fonts that most Mac users would not be aware of, Big Sur (and even Catalina) automatically installs a few hundred fonts, so the Affinity font menu will show a lot of fonts. But those are all located in approved font locations. Just a PITA because many cannot be deactivated at all and even the Supplemental fonts require TypeFace font manger to deactivate.

May not resolve this person’s issue, but will clarify where a whole load of “mysterious” fonts come from!

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

10 hours ago, nwhit said:

May not resolve this person’s issue, but will clarify where a whole load of “mysterious” fonts come from!

A bunch of them, yes. But probably not "over a thousand"?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

the only thing I added was the free software to do things like rainbows, snow, fog, etc. that came with purchase...

it must be a font issue.  I created a new brush so I could watermark, and that is when issue started.  when I deleted the new brush,  it seems to have stopped.,

On 8/17/2021 at 8:29 PM, nwhit said:

Speaking of lots of fonts that most Mac users would not be aware of, Big Sur (and even Catalina) automatically installs a few hundred fonts, so the Affinity font menu will show a lot of fonts. But those are all located in approved font locations. Just a PITA because many cannot be deactivated at all and even the Supplemental fonts require TypeFace font manger to deactivate.

9 minutes ago, Tim C said:

how do I find out which are 'approved fonts'?

What do you mean by "approved fonts"?

-- Walt
PC:

On 8/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, Tim C said:

the only thing I added was the free software to do things like rainbows, snow, fog, etc. that came with purchase...

And you have no other software you've added to your Mac? No other design or image editing programs, etc.?

-- Walt
PC:

I was responding to the previous comment above,   from nwhit.  wrote..  "so the Affinity font menu will show a lot of fonts. But those are all located in approved font locations. "

my gut says these these were loaded when I loaded the version I purchased from Apple store.  they match exactly to whats in Font Book on my mac.  While yes I do have FCPX on my mac as well. this has been on my machine since last year. 

thanks 

8 minutes ago, Tim C said:

my gut says these these were loaded when I loaded the version I purchased from Apple store. 

I'm afraid your gut would be wrong. No fonts come with the Affinity applications.

A quick search indicates that FCPX provides 72 fonts in 53 families, which could show as several thousand individual fonts in a font listing, depending on how they are organized and listed, and how many families each font provides.

-- Walt
PC:

8 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

A quick search indicates that FCPX provides 72 fonts in 53 families, which could show as several thousand individual fonts in a font listing, depending on how they are organized and listed, and how many families each font provides.

And, more importantly, if Affinity enumerates (and Opens) them as several thousand files, that could trigger Saving and permissions problems due to the sandboxing applied by macOS to applications obtained from the Mac App Store.

-- Walt
PC:

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: