You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Im just starting out with Photo

Jazznow

Hi everybody, 

im new to the Affinity Gang.
I used to photograph a lot and worked with LR and Photoshop in the past. In Addition i had a little side business where i used AI from time to times. 
But because of my day job which is occupying more and more time (im becoming one of these workaholics...) i just dont have the time to spend with my hobbys, so I just couldnt justify paying certain Abos anymore. 

Which means im using my summer vacation, to get used to a new set of apps and i start with photo. This is my first try, editing a picture i took some time ago.

Best 

Jazznow

P.S. does anybody know a good comprehensive online course? I love how many tutorials are out there, but id really like to have a course where everything is explained in a coherent manner. Where i start with the basics. Learn about the ui, start with simple adjustments and end with composings. :) For example: I really liked the Bring your own Laptop Courses for the Adobe stuff. 

echse.jpg

1 hour ago, Jazznow said:

does anybody know a good comprehensive online course?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Jazznow. :)

There are several courses on Udemy, currently available at a massive discount: one day left! I don’t have personal experience of any of them but the ‘Solid Foundations’ course by Simon Foster (aka. ‘drippy cat’) seems to have been well received.

https://www.udemy.com/course/affinityphoto-solid-foundations/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Not sure a full coarse is need if you PS experience
Olivio has lots of easy to understand videos
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oliviotutorials.superfan/
TIP: Affinity is just like PS; however similar tools are often hiding in different places with different names -- now can be frustrating at times but it's worth it in the end 
TIP: if you share a photo considering adding the original photo also
TIP: if you want to improve; always ask for honest comments (CC) and always give permission to re-work your photo --- a photo is worth a 1000 word (10000 to those who cannot read well :lol: 

thanks so far everybody!

i already followed olivio Sarikas at youtube, but didnt get to watch many of his videos yet. 

@Julia04 this is the course im doing right now :) i made use of the udemy sale. Thanks @Alfred for the hint on the sale! I grabbed another one from the same guy about compositing too. 

@ianrbthe pic above is more or less the original. just developed the raw file (lifted the shadows, saturated and sharpened). no massive edits. 
good to know. i was thinking that honest comments are the usual thing... why should i join a forum, if i dont want input to get better :) anyway, ill make sure to mention it in the future :)

Edited by Jazznow