You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on open app

Jethro

Hi affinity team!

The new 1.10 apps only open successfully for me 10% of the time. When I go to open designer (or photo) they instantly crash. Sometimes they will open and then work fine for me, but I’m not sure why. 

I’ve tried force quitting other apps, and restarting my iPad. Nothing produces consistent workaround (other than consistently crashing…)

here are the crash logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kp1f7dbv7yobnrv/AACbUxKGkDZKfd1qLstS8w-3a?dl=0

• Staff

Hi Jethro,

Can I confirm its an 11" iPad Pro (2018) that you're using? I'm using one of these myself and definitely not getting instant crashes on opening the apps.
I'll get the crash logs passed over to development. In the meantime have you been logged into your Affinity account on both apps? If so what content packs have you got installed? Does removing these content packs help?

If you haven't then I would suggest first ensuring all of your documents are saved into your iCloud account or Files/Dropbox etc (essentially anywhere outside of the Affinity folders) and that you have a second copy of them, as well as exporting any custom assets, brushes etc that you may have made.

Once that's done its can you fully remove both apps from the iPad to remove their content. Once that has done re-download them both from the App Store and see if that allows you to get into the apps more reliably.

Thanks for your swift reply.

Yes, it’s the 11” iPad Pro I have. And they were both logged into an affinity account. I don’t think I installed any content packs other than the default free ones.
Sadly I don’t know whether removing content packs helps as I can’t get past the splash screen. I’m sure that removing the apps and downloading them again would probably help but was hoping to avoid it as I thought that will probably reset all my settings, fonts, and assets etc, right?