Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.10.1.1138

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Windows Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Not Available

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.10.1.1138 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.10.0 version recently released to all customers. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the release version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

• Fixed crashes on load of specific documents 
  • Fixed Convert to Curves crash with underlined text, emoji etc.
  • 'Replace' in the Resource Manager converts Linked to Embedded

Previous Release Notes

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

5 minutes ago, Mike from Munich said:

Are you also practising the Microsoft method now? First release a half-finished beta with a loud roar and then collect error messages. 
You also advertise that Affinity is now faster - the opposite is the case! There can be no more than a "thumbs down" for this!

That's a bit unfair. The software has to be released at some point and cannot remain in BETA forever. There will always be issues and regressions so cut the team some slack and FYI AP is much faster and perhaps you should give more detail on the issue as to why it is slow on YOUR machine and not the rest. It is very easy to become a critic but it is not helpful if you are throwing something in there just because your are frustrated! 

Hi Sam,

I guess I overreacted a bit. I am sorry.

'm using Win 10 and the latest Publisher version 1.10.0.1127 and I should be able to assume that a released version works. I'm probably in the wrong forum, but I can't find any for the version mentioned above.

Documents can no longer be saved from one second to the next - for no apparent reason. Not at all! And this occurs completely randomly The changes in the document, no matter how elaborate they were, are completely lost. And that is absolutely frustrating ...

At least the PDF export still works, so you can at least still track what you have changed.

Also, the file cannot be saved under a different name. It does create it, but it is exactly 0 kb in size. 😞

Do you know if it possible to overwrite the faulty version 1.10.0.1127 with the old 1.9.2?

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Publisher1-10-0-1127_Saving_Not_Possible.jpg

Edited by Mike from Munich

1 hour ago, Mike from Munich said:

I'm probably in the wrong forum, but I can't find any for the version mentioned above.

Either:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Mike from Munich said:

Do you know if it possible to overwrite the faulty version 1.10.0.1127 with the old 1.9.2?

If you purchased directly from Serif, not from the Microsoft Store, then yes you can do that.

But it might be better to:

• try the current 1.10.1 beta to see if it works better for you. You can always find it in a pinned topic at the top of Publisher Beta on Windows (which is currently this topic, and the first post in it has a link to the newest beta as I write this).
    or
  • Post a topic in Publisher Bugs on Windows with a full description of your problems, and see if you're getting dumps, and if so provide one or more of them for analysis.

But if you purchased from Serif, and you want to revert, you can find the older installer at https://affinity.store/update/windows/publisher/1 if you didn't save it yourself. You'll need to uninstall 1.10 before installing an older release. And you may lose Assets, Brushes, etc. that you installed before you installed 1.10.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

If we work on existing documents (as in, created on previous 1.9 stable build) in the Publisher BETA, save it, etc., then later down the line try to work on that document once the Stable version works again, is that going to cause any compatibility issues / errors?

• Staff
33 minutes ago, Throne777 said:

If we work on existing documents (as in, created on previous 1.9 stable build) in the Publisher BETA, save it, etc., then later down the line try to work on that document once the Stable version works again, is that going to cause any compatibility issues / errors?

No this beta does not include any changes which would create problems like that, which is why it is explicit about using this instead of the 1.10.0 release.

On 8/16/2021 at 8:38 AM, AdamW said:

We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the release version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

The beta announcement does not use that phrase when we do not recommend using it for real work. THIS beta we do recommend it

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.