You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Character Typography dialogue freezes and missing

5 hours ago, qwz said:

I red about but  for last install Affinity doesn't show Ligature options for it at all.

Can you give us the URL for the version with no ligatures?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
19 hours ago, qwz said:

Thank you, Dan. Just uploaded a dump file.

Many thanks for this! It appears as though the app is 'hanging' in PresentationCore, which is part of WPF (which Affinity uses to draw the UI).

I've provided this DMP file to our developers here to help them look to resolve this in a future update - just to confirm a colleague of mine also tested this using the GitHub version of the font on their Windows 10 machine and the app did not freeze for them either, so it certainly appears localised to your machine at this time.

Could you please confirm your system specifications, and the Windows version you have installed currently so I can provide this information also? :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

I can confirm that this appear to be an issue between WPF and .NET on your system - can you please confirm what display scaling setting you have set in Windows Display settings?

image.png

Could you also please try reducing the width of the Studio within Affinity and then try enabling these once again - does the app still hang for you? :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)