You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help? Installed 1.10.0 update yesterday and now Designer won’t launch.

Hi. I updated Designer, Photo, and Publisher yesterday afternoon. I tried to launch Design this morning and it won’t. The splash/welcome screen appears then it disappears. I’ve restarted my computer 4x and relaunched the update 3x. Each time I relaunch the update it asks to run a repair. I allow it. It seems to run but nothing appears to be changing. I’m out of ideas and at uninstall/reinstall from scratch. I thought I’d ask for suggestions be I do that.

Photo and Publisher updated and appear to be running just fine. In fact, I used Photo for several hours yesterday after I installed the updates. 

I’m using a Windows PC.

Did you purchase Designer from Serif, or from the Microsoft Store?

In either case, you might try resetting the program. Press and hold the Ctrl key (and keep it pressed) and click on the application icon to start it. You might get a Clear User Data dialog, or you might just see the application icon show up on the Windows taskbar. If the application shows up on the taskbar, click it (still keeping Ctrl pressed). Once you get the Clear User Data dialog, release the Ctrl key. Leave the first 3 items checked, and also check the last item (Reset Account Data).

If the program starts successfully, you'll be asked to register it again, which you can do or not. If you do, when you select Affinity Store content to download in the My Accounts dialog, do not select the iOS 11 UI Kit.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

22 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Did you purchase Designer from Serif, or from the Microsoft Store?

In either case, you might try resetting the program. Press and hold the Ctrl key (and keep it pressed) and click on the application icon to start it. You might get a Clear User Data dialog, or you might just see the application icon show up on the Windows taskbar. If the application shows up on the taskbar, click it (still keeping Ctrl pressed). Once you get the Clear User Data dialog, release the Ctrl key. Leave the first 3 items checked, and also check the last item (Reset Account Data).

If the program starts successfully, you'll be asked to register it again, which you can do or not. If you do, when you select Affinity Store content to download in the My Accounts dialog, do not select the iOS 11 UI Kit.

This worked! Thank you!!!!! I purchased it directly from Serif several years ago. I think it was in fall 2019, or so. This is the first issue I've had with an update.