Sign in to follow this  
Bunts

Installing Affinity Designer

I have been using the Beta Affinity Designer and before downloading the paid for version of Affinity Designer I tried to delete the Beta AD App icon but it wouldn't delete. I then downloaded the paid for version of AD and now have two AD App icons. Any ideas of how to delete the Beta version AD App?

Sometimes a file can get "locked" by the system and, if you then throw that file in the Trash and try to empty the Trash, said file will not be able to be deleted.  

If that is the case with your beta file, then you can try the following:  hold down the OPTION key and then choose EMPTY TRASH from the Finder menu.  Holding down the OPTION key will override any locked settings on the file that is in the Trash and thus allow that file to be deleted.  

So, give it a try.  If that approach does not work, then perhaps someone else has an idea of how to delete that file. 

- David