MilitaryRaiden

Affinity Designer repeatedly hangs on EPS export, cannot export at all!

Hi. cannot export EPS file, it's insane. 

Keep trying to reserve the file - it either hangs on my machine or just exports a useless eps file.

Please help me ASAP, I need to send this for a job and am now totally dead in the water...

Edit: I just received word of another problem wit a separate EPS export so I'm attaching the files in question on this post.

medallions and armours.eps

kopi xaraksi 3 sampe.afdesign

kopi xaraksi 3 sample.eps

Hi MilitaryRaiden,

Is this EPS exported from a document created in Affinity Designer? Can you attach the original .afdesign file too please?

Sadly no, I erased it and reworked the image. Only difference between the two versions is that for the original file in question I copy/pasted separate EPS files in a new afdesign document whereas in the second file I pasted afdesign files in the large afdesign canvas.

Don't know if that helps at all.

I'm unable to open your file in Preview but it opens and exports fine from Affinity Designer.  Do you get an error report when it crashes? If so, can you post it here?

Preview doesn't open it, true, but in other programs such as photoshop there is an error message that said something about (problems with postscript" (I think).

Disregard last reply on this thread, went back and attached the two files on the post itself. Hope we can get to the bottom of this because this sudden chain of problems really is troubling as far as my use of the software is concerned..

Hi MilitaryRaiden,

Which problems are you having with the kopi xaraksi 3 sampe.afdesign you posted in the first topic?

I'm able to export an EPS version and see it in Apple Preview without issues (using both the Mac App Store version and the latest Beta).

The only "issue" i found was with two objects that contain a mask (that could be deleted since it isn't doing anything there) which are rasterised on export. Am i missing something?

Hi MilitaryRaiden,

Which problems are you having with the kopi xaraksi 3 sampe.afdesign you posted in the first topic?

I'm able to export an EPS version and see it in Apple Preview without issues (using both the Mac App Store version and the latest Beta).

The only "issue" i found was with two objects that contain a mask (that could be deleted since it isn't doing anything there) which are rasterised on export. Am i missing something?

If you reinserted the file in AD and exported it again as eps without problems that is great but still doesn't account for my initial misgivings - too bad we don't have the afdesign file to test what was the problem.