You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 years later...
On 3. 10. 2014 at 7:23 PM, TonyB said:

We don't currently have this feature but I will move this question to feature requests.

What's the status on this item? Has the implementation of this been road-mapped, or has the idea been discarded?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Henzin. :)

40 minutes ago, Henzin said:

What's the status on this item? Has the implementation of this been road-mapped, or has the idea been discarded?

If it isn't on the roadmap then it hasn't been "road-mapped" ;) but I can't imagine the developers completely ruling out the addition of such a useful feature. As a Windows user, if I want to measure areas or perimeters I export to PDF and then use the measurement tools in PDF-XChange Editor.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

would be very nice to have!

I am working on floor plans as well :) just tracing the walls gives a shape of which I want the area.

not sure if it has other applications (I see why it is not a priority) 

Any known workarounds? 

- PDF area I will try.

- I now just make squares and calculate the surface area for each square and add them to get the area of a room.

Edited by Auke
typo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/4/2014 at 5:12 AM, farmazone said:

Thanks. It would be awesome. In Illustrator I used this plugin to calculate object's area http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/

I just discovered this too. It's a nice plugin, and free. Since it's very easy to copy and paste an object from Designer to Illustrator, it's one of the most efficient methods. The only thing you have to be careful of, is if you have a stroke on your object, it may come into Illustrator as two separate objects, and even though they're aligned, one atop the other, the Patharea Filter plugin will give you the total area of both objects if they're both selected—in other words, your result will be twice what you want. Easy to fix if you're aware of it.

Download from here. Double-click the downloaded archive, drag the 'PathArea (CS6).aip' file to Illustrator's Plug-ins folder, and launch Illustrator. The command appears under: Object > Filters > Path area.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2014 at 2:23 PM, TonyB said:

We don't currently have this feature but I will move this question to feature requests.

Hi I saw it was a question from 2014. Is it already implemented? It is important to my work to have this, something similar to what we have in info box.

• 4 months later...

I too would like to see this feature. I am using Designer to design a plan for my garden, and I need to calculate areas for paths, lawns, etc. For rectangles and circles it's easy to do with a calculator, but for a curved path...not so much.

Of course there would need to be an option to include/exclude the stroke.

Edited by Roger Shuttleworth
Incomplete

• 4 months later...

I’ve been an illustrator user since v 1.0, and have finally cancelled my CS subscription and am trying to force myself to make the leap to Affinity tools. I’ve used multiple plugins over the years for area calculation in illustrator, and am finding it to be a real pinch not to have the feature in AD

A couple of posts above refer me link to a roadmap, but those are dead links, so no way I can find to check the status on this. Please, please, p,ease, area of a shape calculation!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...