You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with version 1.10.0 update.

New to the forum. Upgraded Affinity Photo this morning to version 1.10.0 and for several hours have tried to get APhoto to open. NOTHING! Really frustrating. Designer and Publisher opens but they are still version 1.83. My last update on APhoto was to 1.9 and it froze up every time I used it so I had to go back to 1.83.  Should I have deleted the older version before loading the new version? In the past, the newer version loaded on top of the older one with no problem. AArrgghh.

Hello @Drahcir and  welcome to the forums.

If you are using Windows 7, you must ensure that all available updates are installed. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

1 hour ago, Drahcir said:

Do you mean in sequential order like I can't jump from version 8.3 to 10?

No. There was something in the 1.9.2 version of the Affinity applications that requires a fully updated Windows 7 system, but no one is sure exactly what Win7 update is required to avoid the problems.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

As I understand it, on Windows 7 for the latest update of Affinity you will require all 3 of these to be installed/enabled -

Windows 7 Service Pack 1;

Platform Update KB2670838;

Aero enabled

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C

Hi Dan sorry if I get involved in this thread, the problem is the same.

I work on Windows 7 pro Ultimate,

I have all three of the things you mention:

Windows 7 Service Pack 1;
KB2670838 platform update;
Aero enabled.

Yet I couldn't go beyond version 1.9.1;
from 1.9.2 onwards the apps do not even start.

• Staff
4 hours ago, foto-grafic said:

Hi Dan sorry if I get involved in this thread, the problem is the same.

No problem at all, I'm certainly sorry to hear this!

Do you see any reaction from the apps when attempting to load?
Any error messages or crash reports on screen?

If nothing obvious appears, I'd like to check the crash logs in the following locations:

%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports

%AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports\reports

%AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports\reports

Can you please provide the most recent .DMP file from these folders (provided that 1.9.2 is still installed)? 

Have you tried a more recent version of Affinity (ie the 1.10 update)?

Do you know if OpenCL Hardware Acceleration is enabled

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C

Thanks for interesting,

unfortunately I cannot do what you requested immediately for two valid reasons (I think);
the first is that I am completing a job and I cannot afford to install the next version because it would block my computer and I would be forced to reinstall 1.9.1 which, said between us, works well for me.
The second is what I want to unplug for a few days and go to sea.

But I can tell you that when I started 1.9.2 nothing happened, not even the first screen started, after about fifteen seconds a Windows warning came out saying that the system was not able to open the program.

Give me some time then, when I have everything you ask for, I'll be the one to contact you.

Thank you so much for your time...🙂