You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Older documents shut down APub .1127 + .1135 immediately

Hi,

unfortunately roughly 3 out of 10 of my older APub documents (created with versions 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 in the first place) do crash the current retail version (.1127) and the latest beta version (.1135) of Publisher. APubs quits while loading without an warning. Two dump files of the latest crashs are attached.

Fun fact: The next time I start APub it offers me to open a recovery file - which causes APub to crash as well.

In case you need the files causing the issue, please do provide me with an upload link.

Best, Volker

b88c0894-3c82-4a75-8f39-d5b03bfd5e9c.dmp 764c60d5-e059-40d1-81cc-7ebeed4689b9.dmp

Edited by VolkerMB
spelling errors

• Staff

Hi these load fine for me so i suspect that this is due to an external resource. A workaround is to copy the afpub file to a totally different folder, Open it then save. Finally copy the file back and relink the resources. I'd recommend making a backup of the afpub file first as well.

Volker Mueller - 03_Angebot_Video_Vorlage-2019_v2 - only contains one resource so would be easiest to try on that first

Thanks @Pauls for looking into these files.

Unfortunately your workaround doesn't work for me. No matter where the files are located, APub (.1127 + .1135) crashes while loading. However, these files open fine with APub 1.9.2. So I used the older version to replace the ressources in question and saved the files under a new name. Now, they open fine with APub .1134

Nevertheless, APub 1.10 shouldn't crash because of a missing(?) ressource.

Best, Volker