You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disable/Avoid cropping complete transparent parts

Hi Folks,

since I'm using Affinity designer to redesign our hole App-Icon Set I'm running i one problem. the basic file of the icon set is set with 96x96 pixels. If i create a shape in it, which leaves some parts of the file completly transparent over the full width or height of the file, these parts are cropped away.

For example i've attached two icons, which are created in the same AD-Project-File with 96x96 pixels.

The export results are different resoluted...

Attachments

post-21632-0-89983000-1447158795_thumb.png

post-21632-0-18246300-1447158796_thumb.png

Can anybody help me solving these issue?

Thanks,

Daniel

• Staff

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm not sure i understood your question. 

If you set your document to 96x96 pixels (the canvas size), anything placed outside that area will be "cropped" on export. That's by design and the expected behaviour.

What are you trying to do? Can you attach the afdesign file with those two icons (you can delete the rest) so i can check what's the issue?

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm not sure i understood your question. 

If you set your document to 96x96 pixels (the canvas size), anything placed outside that area will be "cropped" on export. That's by design and the expected behaviour.

What are you trying to do? Can you attach the afdesign file with those two icons (you can delete the rest) so i can check what's the issue?

Hi MEB,

thanks for your reply. Maybe my question is a bit wired. I'm placing everything in these 96x96 pixels.

The afdesign file is attached. If you export the door icon and the line icon (without background) you will see, that the exported files aren't the same size... So the Baseline is misplaced in some icons. :(

icons_forum.afdesign

Honestly, I don’t see this error here … when I export from your document, the “Baseline only” file and the “Door” file come out pretty fine. But the “Door” file you uploaded in your first post and the “Door” file I exported from your .afdesign document are different. Both have exactly the same size and resolution, but as you will see below, the door has a completely different aspect ratio. 

Are you sure, you had exported from the same .afdesign file?  :unsure:

Cheers, Alex

post-1198-0-38513700-1447246530_thumb.png

post-1198-0-93974700-1447246536_thumb.png

post-1198-0-39615900-1447246541_thumb.png

Honestly, I don’t see this error here … when I export from your document, the “Baseline only” file and the “Door” file come out pretty fine. But the “Door” file you uploaded in your first post and the “Door” file I exported from your .afdesign document are very different. Both have exactly the same size and resolution, but the design is different. As you will see below, the door has a completely different aspect ratio. 

Are you sure, you had exported from the same .afdesign file?  :unsure:

Cheers, Alex

Thanks for your patience.

Tried the export with the uploaded file again.

post-21632-0-11022300-1447250095_thumb.png post-21632-0-43389800-1447250095_thumb.png

Seems like the export, the uploaded file creates is correct.. I'll create all exports again and will keep in touch to you! :-)

Thanks for your patience.

Tried the export with the uploaded file again.

attachicon.gifdoor.png attachicon.gifline.png

Seems like the export, the uploaded file creates is correct.. I'll create all exports again and will keep in touch to you! :-)

It was my fault. I created some icons and after that i changed the line position :D 

Thanks for your help!