You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bummer - in a couple of weeks it will be too late to get the offer price.

I'd like to try it as I'm a bit worried about the black background of the tool bar and other panels.

I bought Pixelmator and ended up never using it as I had a hard time seeing the icons against the black.

Is there or could there be a possibility of changing the black to grey for example?

Otherwise the app looks very interesting...

Bummer - in a couple of weeks it will be too late to get the offer price.

I'd like to try it as I'm a bit worried about the black background of the tool bar and other panels.

I bought Pixelmator and ended up never using it as I had a hard time seeing the icons against the black.

Is there or could there be a possibility of changing the black to grey for example?

Otherwise the app looks very interesting...

This has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum. Not all of us are fans of the dark areas. However, You can go to Preferences>User Interface>Backgound Grey Level and set the slider 90%, almost to the right. HTH.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Great news that newbie

I got that nugget from a fellow beta tester, I feel the same way about black desktops.

Does this mean that I am on commission now?

Just chatted to TonyB (staff),  about the warning points and asked him the same question. It means you have been good...so keep calm and buy Affinity now - before the special offer expires.

Enjoy it!

peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

Start calling names to the developers and other members and i'm sure you will earn some points. If you get them all you're probably out of the game :rolleyes:

Most of the Lab Team have feline based avatars, this could be misinterpreted. Just ask Molly Sugden from Are you being served? :P This could encourage some really catty remarks. Be warned they scratch when peeved...miaow!

Start calling names to the developers and other members and i'm sure you will earn some points. If you get them all you're probably out of the game :rolleyes:

...and then report back to the terrified boardroom members at Adobe HQ.

• Staff

Most of the Lab Team have feline based avatars, this could be misinterpreted. Just ask Molly Sugden from Are you being served? :P This could encourage some really catty remarks. Be warned they scratch when peeved...miaow!

Someone is asking for trouble.... :)

Yes ant39mail, only you can see your warning points.

Edited by MEB

Someone is asking for trouble.... :)

Yes ant39mail, only you can see your warning points. So call whatever names come to your mind that nobody will know that is, until you get banned (?)...

MEB 

Paws for thought?

Peter - just bought it..

But it's late here so I'll play with it tomorrow.

You'll have to ask AD for your commission :) .

I guess I'm the only one who sees my warning points as I can't see anybody elses..

Welcome to the club, friend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really great so far guys:

1. PDF export from CorelDRAW! X4 and open in AD, so far it's the only Mac proggie I've found to recognise ALL objects in the PDF (Haven't and won't be trying Adobe). CDR page background into PDF = AD extra layer. Looks like I won't be needing CDR import after all :)

2. Love the on-screen handles and sliders for fountain fills

3. Haven't figured out how to do things like measurement unit default settings, dimension objects etc. but that's what these forums are for if I can't work it out ;)

A few more days playing then I better get my wallet out.

24/11/2014 - Bought the full version now :)
Edited by SilverSkyRat

Software looks good, just one question, is there a demo version I could try as I'm a little concerned about tool sizes, etc as my sight is not brilliant.

Thanks

I always try to be sensitive to those who are not as fortunate as eye to not have any vision problems... yet (that a big yet too lol). I am curious though, do you use any of accessibility feature found in the apple os system? If not here are  few things you can try and see if it of help. I be curious to see if some of these adjustments would help you problem 

Go to the apple system preferences > accessibility > Zoom 

check use keyboard shortcut to zoom  then use the keyboard shortcuts presented in this window to zoom in on your screen. hit option +command+8 to toggle in and out of this mode. if you don't like the whole screen zoom feature perhaps changing the zoom style from fullscreen to picture in picture is a better option for you.

if the picture in picturebox is too big you might want adjust the size and location  located under more option.

there are a few options you might want to play with in there like inverting colors or change your screen to grayscale. This might be a good solution for you and others until another solution can be implemented at a later time if one is to implemented at a later time.

I hate to see anyone left behind hopefully something there will help you because the application is quite nice and worth the investment.

Cheers and bon chance moi frere!