You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Persona Hanging Designer

Hey there,

I've never had a crash using Designer so far, but today I'm encountering frustrating crashes all day long.

I have a very basic set of icons, probably 63 on one document. Then am using the Export Persona to export them all at whichever sizes I require.

Unfortunately, now I'm experiencing crashes when I start clicking and opening the slices on the right hand panel.

It doesn't happen if I quickly click them, and ensure the tool-tip doesn't pop up, but the second the tool tip appears, Designer freezes and I can't get it back.

I've had about 20 hangs this way just today so thought I'd post on here and see if anyone else has seen some issues?

Clutching at straws, could it be that I now have 63 output slices? It seemed to dislike it the second I added the 60th slice. This was when I began seeing the hanging.

I've tried restarting by holding Ctrl to clear to defaults, but nothing seems to help.

Thanks,

Tim

• Staff

Hi landbros,

This is something I believe we have logged. When you scroll through the list do you find it begins to display a lot of blank areas in the panel? If so, does using the scrollbar rather than the mouse wheel prevent the freezing you're getting.

If that is not the case, would it be possible to attach the offending file, and a video showing the behaviour you're seeing please?

Thanks very much for getting back so fast!

I'll try that, it is very repeatable, so can try that now and get back to you.

I'm not on the latest version of Designer (1.9.2.1035) but just tried and it does seem to be a mouse-wheel thing. If I use the scrollbar, it manages to stay stable.

One thing I notice when using the scrollbar is that it's smooth as silk for the upper most items, but as soon as I get further down it becomes very very slow and sluggish just scrolling down.

I'll try the latest version actually, and see if that sorts it too.

Unfortunately, getting the files to you won't be possible (for various reasons), I know that's quite frustrating for you guys, sorry :(

• Staff
Just now, lardbros said:

Thanks very much for getting back so fast!

I'll try that, it is very repeatable, so can try that now and get back to you.

I'm not on the latest version of Designer (1.9.2.1035) but just tried and it does seem to be a mouse-wheel thing. If I use the scrollbar, it manages to stay stable.

One thing I notice when using the scrollbar is that it's smooth as silk for the upper most items, but as soon as I get further down it becomes very very slow and sluggish just scrolling down.

I'll try the latest version actually, and see if that sorts it too.

Unfortunately, getting the files to you won't be possible (for various reasons), I know that's quite frustrating for you guys, sorry :(

Thanks for that, I understand the requirement of not being able to hand out the file. :)Judging by the fact that its fine when you're using the scrollbar does lead me to believe that it is indeed the same issue we do have logged anyways! I'll get your comments passed along!

I should have tried this before posting really, but have just updated to v1.10.0.1127 and although it's still very sluggish at the bottom of the panel (when they are expanded) the mouse wheel doesn't seem to trigger the hanging (although it's still very sluggish and slow towards the bottom of the panel for some reason).

Maybe this info may help your devs a little? :)